Spring Training notes thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 45m45 minutes ago

James Shilelds: I have nothing to prove. I think my career speaks for itself. I definitely want to prove to #WhiteSox fans who I really am

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 6m6 minutes ago Shields: "That’s not the first time I’ve had a rough season. I’ve been in the game a long time and I know how to come back from that."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 09:06 AM)

James Shilelds: I have nothing to prove. I think my career speaks for itself. I definitely want to prove to #WhiteSox fans who I really am

Had to do it:

15cvfw.gif

On Moncada:

There are a lot of guys I've seen whose jumps were exponential," White Sox manager Rick Renteria said. "I think he could potentially be one of those guys. We hope so, as with all of the other young players.

"It's a matter of how we present whatever we want to present to him. Hopefully we find the right words and context and show him physically. We can do some things to show him. We've talked about that. He's a bright young man.

Wonder what he bases that on???

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
On Moncada:

There are a lot of guys I've seen whose jumps were exponential," White Sox manager Rick Renteria said. "I think he could potentially be one of those guys. We hope so, as with all of the other young players.

"It's a matter of how we present whatever we want to present to him. Hopefully we find the right words and context and show him physically. We can do some things to show him. We've talked about that. He's a bright young man.

Maybe because he is the manager and has dealt with him multiple times since the trade? just spitballin

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
On Moncada:

I already like renteria better than robin. Ventura would have sad something like...

"Um. Yea, you know - talented kid. He's just got to play today and we'll see. But, yea. Good kid."

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 11:52 AM)
I already like renteria better than robin. Ventura would have sad something like...

"Um. Yea, you know - talented kid. He's just got to play today and we'll see. But, yea. Good kid."

LMAO totally read that in Robin's voice too

On Moncada:

I see that as being easily coachable and quick to respond to instruction.

What else would "bright" mean in the context of a baseball prospect?

On Moncada:

What an odd thing to question. What is wrong with that statement versus any of the other ones Renteria made?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)

Good to know Shields is a Soxtalk lurker. :P

Hi James!

Edited by BlackSox13