Lopez/Giolito/Kopech/Moncada/Fulmer sent down

southsider2k5

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)
It is really just about giving batters a different look.

I understand the idea behind it. I was just wondering if there is any evidence out there that this actually makes a difference because I'm betting it doesn't.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
Is there any evidence out there that says throwing 3 lefties in a row matters at all? Or is it just one of those weird baseball things that people think matters?

I don't think it matters much, the best pitcher is still better, but if you can, you might as well mix it up a bit. Make the other team change their line up every day.

The 37 left include Tilson and Minaya, so there are ten cuts left barring something happening.

Burdi

Covey

Purke

Swarzak

Smith, K

Cabrera, E

Delmonico

Hayes

Liriano

May

Davidson is going to make it. Hope something clicks with limited play.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
The 37 left include Tilson and Minaya, so there are ten cuts left barring something happening.

Burdi

Covey

Purke

Swarzak

Smith, K

Cabrera, E

Delmonico

Hayes

Liriano

May

Isn't Tilson starting the year on the DL as well?

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)

Burdi

Covey

Purke

Swarzak

Smith, K

Cabrera, E

Delmonico

Hayes

Liriano

May

I think Liriano makes it over Asche. Asche is on a minor league deal and goes to AAA without waivers - Liriano needs to clear. I think a rebuilding team will be all about protecting assets, and Asche is not a potential future piece - he's insurance. I could be wrong of course! And if Liriano does clear waivers, that's perfect.

Otherwise agree with the above. Covey/Ynoa is a coin flip at this point.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)
I think Liriano makes it over Asche. Asche is on a minor league deal and goes to AAA without waivers - Liriano needs to clear. I think a rebuilding team will be all about protecting assets, and Asche is not a potential future piece - he's insurance. I could be wrong of course! And if Liriano does clear waivers, that's perfect.

Otherwise agree with the above. Covey/Ynoa is a coin flip at this point.

Isn't Ynoa out of options? The choice between those 2 seems like an obvious call if so.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
I'd like to see the bench be Liriano, Soto/Narvaez, Delmonico, and Sanchez. In reality Davidson and Leury will probably make it even though I don't think either of them offers much of anything.

I wouldn't mind Delmonico getting every at bats at third in Charlotte. I agree on Davidson.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)

Burdi

Covey

Purke

Swarzak

Smith, K

Cabrera, E

Delmonico

Hayes

Liriano

May

I find it very interesting that Burdi still hasn't been sent out, and that he wasn't sent out the day that the rest of the top group was sent out, including someone like Fulmer. I wonder if he has a shot?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
I find it very interesting that Burdi still hasn't been sent out, and that he wasn't sent out the day that the rest of the top group was sent out, including someone like Fulmer. I wonder if he has a shot?

id like for him to be sent down until we get that extra year of control

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)

It would be unforgivable if the Sox burned a year of service time on him for absolutely no reason.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)
Yes, but Covey is lost to Rule 5 rules (potentially) if he doesn't make it. Both are at risk of being taken away.

This is where your scouting and development people come into play. The Sox got to see some extended time with Ynoa at the end of last season. With Covey they have this spring. I wonder what the team thinks of him so far. I mean obviously the results haven't been ideal, but that doesn't mean they couldn't see something in him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)

If Robertson gets traded next week, he could be the 8th inning guy.