Most Airlines just don't seem to care

BigSqwert

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
Now Delta kicked a passenger off who went to the bathroom while the plane was sitting on the runway.

i dont get this. I literally flew delta today and peed before returning to MDW while we were at the gate. Nobody cared at all. It happens on SWA all the time.

I feel like people are now going to make s*** up to get paid.

I also sat next to a Flight Attendant from SWA on my delta flight this morning to MSP. She was so nice and we talked about the incident. She said the airlines by policy have to call the gate and then they call authorities. From there they are supposed to remove themselves completely from the situation or face review. Admittedly SWA is one of the best, but she said passengers have been handcuffed and taken off before and probably could have been the same. SWA also had that reality show where you would see those interactions.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
Now Delta kicked a passenger off who went to the bathroom while the plane was sitting on the runway.

The article I read said that he got up while they were waiting to take off which seems way worse than taxiing until a gate opens up. I may be wrong

Just got an e-mail from Mr. Munoz:

Dear Mr,

Each flight you take with us represents an important promise we make to you, our customer. It's not simply that we make sure you reach your destination safely and on time, but also that you will be treated with the highest level of service and the deepest sense of dignity and respect.

Earlier this month, we broke that trust when a passenger was forcibly removed from one of our planes. We can never say we are sorry enough for what occurred, but we also know meaningful actions will speak louder than words.

For the past several weeks, we have been urgently working to answer two questions: How did this happen, and how can we do our best to ensure this never happens again?

It happened because our corporate policies were placed ahead of our shared values. Our procedures got in the way of our employees doing what they know is right.

Fixing that problem starts now with changing how we fly, serve and respect our customers. This is a turning point for all of us here at United – and as CEO, it's my responsibility to make sure that we learn from this experience and redouble our efforts to put our customers at the center of everything we do.

That’s why we announced that we will no longer ask law enforcement to remove customers from a flight and customers will not be required to give up their seat once on board – except in matters of safety or security.

We also know that despite our best efforts, when things don’t go the way they should, we need to be there for you to make things right. There are several new ways we’re going to do just that.

We will increase incentives for voluntary rebooking up to $10,000 and will be eliminating the red tape on permanently lost bags with a new "no-questions-asked" $1,500 reimbursement policy. We will also be rolling out a new app for our employees that will enable them to provide on-the-spot goodwill gestures in the form of miles, travel credit and other amenities when your experience with us misses the mark. You can learn more about these commitments and many other changes at hub.united.com.

While these actions are important, I have found myself reflecting more broadly on the role we play and the responsibilities we have to you and the communities we serve.

I believe we must go further in redefining what United's corporate citizenship looks like in our society. You can and ought to expect more from us, and we intend to live up to those higher expectations in the way we embody social responsibility and civic leadership everywhere we operate. I hope you will see that pledge express itself in our actions going forward, of which these initial, though important, changes are merely a first step.

Our goal should be nothing less than to make you truly proud to say, "I fly United."

Ultimately, the measure of our success is your satisfaction and the past several weeks have moved us to go further than ever before in elevating your experience with us. I know our 87,000 employees have taken this message to heart, and they are as energized as ever to fulfill our promise to serve you better with each flight and earn the trust you’ve given us.

We are working harder than ever for the privilege to serve you and I know we will be stronger, better and the customer-focused airline you expect and deserve.

With Great Gratitude,

Oscar Munoz

Oscar Munoz

CEO

United Airlines

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/opinions/uni...llos/index.html

How much did Dao case settle for?

That's why Dao's attorneys did the right thing in settling quickly. It also indicates that United probably paid well north of a million dollars. Why? Because by settling early, Dao takes a risk by giving up the opportunity to build the value of his case the traditional way: a couple years of medical records documenting the nature and extent of his injury and treatment. The settlement amount had to be a number that Dao felt comfortable accepting, even if his injuries take a turn for the worse in the future.

That's good for him, but not an indication of what other plaintiffs might get if they file cases against airlines. Dao's case is one-in-a-million. For the rest of the would-be plaintiffs out there, United will probably see you in court.

Speaking of bad customer service:

American Airlines announced Wednesday that it is planning to cut legroom for some economy class seats, shrinking the space nearer to that offered on budget airlines. The news broke the day after Congress threatened legislative action if airline executives don’t improve service soon.

Shrinking seat space is a tangible representation of the decline in customer service since the golden days of airline travel in the 1950s. Until 1985, seat pitch ― the industry term for the distance from one seat to another and a good proxy for what normal humans call “legroom” ― was between 31 and 35 inches in economy class, according to a 2014 analysis by USA Today. Now, the low end of that spectrum, about 31 inches, is standard for major U.S. airlines.

American’s plan would reduce the pitch from 31 inches on its current Boeing 737 Max jets to just 30 inches on the next ones. Some rows would get only 29 inches. That would be the least legroom outside of Spirit and many other budget airlines, which as CNN noted have an industry minimum 28 inches of room.

CNN also reported that United Airlines is considering a similar move. United declined to comment.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)
SWA 4 LIFE

I'm a big fan of Alaska. They're headquartered out here so we use them a lot and their service has been great. They also have USB and standard outlets for every seat which none of the legacy carriers have figured out is a must. Oh and one of their snack packs is fully vegan so you know that makes me happy.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 4, 2017 -> 03:37 PM)

Space between rows is becoming a big deal. People who travel generally seem to be less fat than others but you still have people who barely fit in their seats and if you are 6 foot or taller you are really crammed in most seats. The airlines should expect some rotten customer behavior when you are crammed together like that. You can say people must behave in all settings, but if you are fairly tall you are really in trouble if the flight is more than an hour long. I know the airlines don't care, but like you said it's horrible customer service.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 4, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
It happened again. This time on DELTA, which is the worst airline I've ever flew on. Never on time. NEVER

http://abc7.com/travel/socal-family-thrown...eating/1951238/

Both sides were in the wrong there. The employee was an ass and wrong about FAA child seat regulations, but the passengers were off too, you can't just let a different person fly on someone else's ticket.