Willy Garcia Called Up

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
Just to stir the rumor cauldron, you think it's possible the Sox cut bait with Frazier and give 3B to Davidson?

Frazier doesn't really have value at the moment and he hasn't looked good at the plate. At this point ( can't believe I'm saying this), Davidson just might be more productive now and in the near future than Frazier. We know there's no future with Frazier but there is the slight possibility of Davidson having a future with the rebuilding Sox. Not the I'm holding my breath.

C'mon man.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Guys it's 4/13 and the White Sox have played 7 games. Todd Frazier has played 6.

Todd frazier has played SIX GAMES.

And he had an abbreviated spring training, and he homered and double his last game, and has been hitting the ball pretty well the last few games. Could easily have had 2 or 3 more hits.

Just to stir the rumor cauldron, you think it's possible the Sox cut bait with Frazier and give 3B to Davidson?

Frazier doesn't really have value at the moment and he hasn't looked good at the plate. At this point ( can't believe I'm saying this), Davidson just might be more productive now and in the near future than Frazier. We know there's no future with Frazier but there is the slight possibility of Davidson having a future with the rebuilding Sox. Not the I'm holding my breath.

I don't think they'd DFA Frazier but I definitely agree with you in regards to Davidson. He's looked really good so far this season. I'm just sick and tired of Frazier. Every at-bat he goes up there, flails his arms, and is completely off balance. He has no approach whatsoever and tries to pull everything. Dude hits more infield popups than anyone I've ever seen.

Cut him? No way. Hasn't been great, but he hasn't been that bad.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
By the same token, should we sign Avisail Garcia to a huge extension? He is contending for the first 400 season since the 40s or something. Get it done Hahn.

I said that in the gamethread. Davidson has struck out 7 freaking times. There's a pretty great chance the clock will strike midnight pretty soon with him.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
I don't think they'd DFA Frazier but I definitely agree with you in regards to Davidson. He's looked really good so far this season. I'm just sick and tired of Frazier. Every at-bat he goes up there, flails his arms, and is completely off balance. He has no approach whatsoever and tries to pull everything. Dude hits more infield popups than anyone I've ever seen.

He has looked pretty bad so far, aside from yesterday if course. This is why I wonder about his oblique. From what I recall those injuries can be difficult to heal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)
Cut him? No way. Hasn't been great, but he hasn't been that bad.

Yeah, not something I'm counting on. Just throwing s*** at the wall out of boredom on a rainy morning while trying to figure out why they called up another RH OF bat.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
And he had an abbreviated spring training, and he homered and double his last game, and has been hitting the ball pretty well the last few games. Could easily have had 2 or 3 more hits.

When I saw a montage on I think it was Saturday or Sunday during pre-game show, it looked like he had nice hits right at someone or someone made a nice play on him the first 4-5 games. He could easily have another 2-3 hits it seems.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
it may not be Jacob May that's replaced, but man he is 100% overmatched at the MLB plate or what

But he does play a major league center field. let the kid go and just play. Maybe he gets more comfortable at the plate as the season goes along or until Tilson gets back. Let the kid take his cuts, while playing a good centerfield.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
But he does play a major league center field. let the kid go and just play. Maybe he gets more comfortable at the plate as the season goes along or until Tilson gets back. Let the kid take his cuts, while playing a good centerfield.

SOMEONE has to play good defense in the OF. I agree, just let him play and help out our pitchers. Throw away year anyway.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Kind of off topic but Frazier has been a massive disappointment with the Sox. I realize they didn't give up much for him, but still. He's very underwhelming.

A massive disappointment? I don't think 40 homers and 100 RBI's coupled with decent defense and leadership is a disappointment.

Chicago White Sox @whitesox

7s

#WhiteSox are expected to place Melky Cabrera on Paternity List on Friday. Melky is expected to be reinstated on Monday for the NY series.

possibly why maybe Big Willy Style might be getting called up (or why we saw that out there today)?

looks like the tweet was deleted rather quickly

Edited by Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)

7s

#WhiteSox are expected to place Melky Cabrera on Paternity List on Friday. Melky is expected to be reinstated on Monday for the NY series.

possibly why maybe Big Willy Style might be getting called up (or why we saw that out there today)?

....and they delete it a minute later. lol

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)

7s

and it got deleted.weird.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)

Does the name Joe Crede ring a bell? :ph34r:

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
Other sources, including Merkin, reporting it now.

Seems Melky will go on paternity list tomorrow, and most likely, Willy Garcia comes up.

Hopefully this guy shows something and eventually forces his way into the OF. He's killing it in Charlotte. Would be nice for the Sox to catch a break with a low-risk acquisition for a change.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 06:33 PM)
Hopefully this guy shows something and eventually forces his way into the OF. He's killing it in Charlotte. Would be nice for the Sox to catch a break with a low-risk acquisition for a change.

We got an all-star and perennial ace out of a minor league signing in 2012