5/13 Games

swissarmyknife

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 13, 2017 -> 06:26 PM)
Bernardo Flores 6.0 IP, 4H, 0R, 1BB, 6K

He had kind of a rough go last time, so this is a nice bounce back for him. Good starts across the board tonight.

I wonder if there are any live reports from Charlotte? A cursory glance tells me Giolito's control was better but maybe he was just getting lucky? I'd love some genuine sign of progress besides a boxscore.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 13, 2017 -> 07:06 PM)
Zack Burdi has been completely dominant at AAA and I've seen his name mentioned about 7 times all year on Soxtalk. Good sign for the system I guess.

Burdi is the last piece of the Shark/Ynoa trade with Oakland.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 13, 2017 -> 10:16 PM)
Hell yea and that probably wins about 10 games every year. Why 10? I dunno. But the Sox will dominate close games.

Kahnle is about 27/28 but he should have quite a good 4/5 year run left in him if he contonures to pitch this way. I don-t offhand know of his prearb/arb status though.

I don't want to throw any cold water on our Giolito songfest, but he was facing a weak Louisville team loaded with low BA's. Just sayin'.......

Let's hope he has another good start this coming week.

QUOTE (swissarmyknife @ May 14, 2017 -> 06:26 AM)
Kahnle is about 27/28 but he should have quite a good 4/5 year run left in him if he contonures to pitch this way. I don-t offhand know of his prearb/arb status though.

The number of relievers that are effective over a 4-5 year span is very, very small. Relievers shouldn't be considered a major part of a long-term rebuild.