Asche optioned to AAA

maxjusttyped

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
I wonder if Soto goes on the 60-day...have a feeling he's toast for a while.

That's a long time even if they need to do a scope and remove the loose bodies. But with the way they have been treating injuries this year, anything is possible.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 15, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
That's a long time even if they need to do a scope and remove the loose bodies. But with the way they have been treating injuries this year, anything is possible.

You'd think they would be less likely to have Soto out longer than needed because he's on a 1-year deal and would be hoping to get back as soon as he can so he can build his resume for next year.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
I wonder if Soto goes on the 60-day...have a feeling he's toast for a while.

That is exactly what happened.

Soto surgery, out minimum 12 weeks. The Sox got exactly what anyone would expect out of Soto, some homers, some painful throws back to the pitcher, and extended stays on the DL.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)

Soto surgery, out minimum 12 weeks. The Sox got exactly what anyone would expect out of Soto, some homers, some painful throws back to the pitcher, and extended stays on the DL.

His throw a back to the pitcher have to be the most absurd in history. That's not counting the yips.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)

That is a long, depending on how badly the joint surface is damaged.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 15, 2017 -> 07:10 AM)
I thought about it and it would just be soundbites of Hawk/Benneti/Stone saying his name lol

I'll remember his homer and Harrelson going on and on about how he just missed another one (moonball to RF) in the same game.