5/25 Games (Kopech and Giolito)

caulfield12

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2017 -> 06:42 PM)
0 innings and 8 ER for Martinez

He left with 6. Valerio gave up 2 more... and then 3 for himself.

Giolito - 7 IP 0 H 0 R 0 ER 3 BB 3 SO

7 inning no hitter!

Edited by SoxAce

I watched the MLB "Gameday" for the last 3 innings Giolito pitched. It looked to me like the umpire was squeezing him pretty tightly on the strike zone. I saw an awful lot of pitches that were right on the lower and upper edge of the strike zone, which were called balls.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 25, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
I watched the MLB "Gameday" for the last 3 innings Giolito pitched. It looked to me like the umpire was squeezing him pretty tightly on the strike zone. I saw an awful lot of pitches that were right on the lower and upper edge of the strike zone, which were called balls.

Gameday for milb is kinda unreliable.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
Struggling tonight, wonder if he's working on his sinker again

He's settling down now after the rough first two innings. That's how elite of a prospect Kopech is. His struggles are usually decent outings for maybe B type prospects. He might end up with a solid line despite this not being a good game for him.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 25, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
No idea why the sox just don't put him in LF and leave him there. Unless his range at 3B is so good and he just makes bone headed errors (ala Jose Valentin). From all reports though, he's a butcher over there.

Why not 1B? He can't be any worse than Jose and we don't have much else at the position.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 26, 2017 -> 12:56 AM)
He's settling down now after the rough first two innings. That's how elite of a prospect Kopech is. His struggles are usually decent outings for maybe B type prospects. He might end up with a solid line despite this not being a good game for him.

I'm legit surprised when he gives up a hit

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 25, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
Shame there's no room in WS for Booker. Dude deserves to be moved up.

A few of those Kanny guys could be promoted. I'm good with them getting a first half playoff berth though.

I just want to take credit for NOT jinxing Giolito's no-hitter by bringing it up prematurely, lol...

(Although it was amusing that some Q fans argued recently they'd rather have him strike out 8-10 with ER's than put up numbers similar to Giolito's in terms of BB's/K's).