Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:15 PM)
No way they give up Eloy and Schwarber

I thought the Babe Schwarber was a dead giveaway, but I'm on the same page with you. I'm not the biggest Candelario fan, but it would be hard to pass on Jimenez if the secondary pieces are decent at all.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:20 PM)
Rabbit,

Are you of the belief that we would never deal Q to the North side?

Somewhere in this thread or on twitter he said that's the case ( not dealing )

I actually think Q is the perfect player to sort of break through this notion that the two Chicago teams could not complete a significant deal.

While there is no minimizing the fact that the Cubs' prospects coming our way could have the potential to turn into valuable major leaguers, Quintana himself is such a quiet, steady professional.

He doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would irritate Sox fans pitching for the Cubs.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)
WSD posted a video discussing Jimenez/Cease/Q but I can't tell if it's sarcastic

That's just about as serious as me posting about a banana split. Either that or the dude he's sitting next to is a total goof ball.

Q was nearly a 5 war player for 3 straight years. this year, even in an "off" year, it will be 3.5 and probably close to 4.

Sonny Gray has never had a year anywhere close to any of Q's 2014-2016. Cole has had 1.

Tehran has had none - in fact, Tehran's best year won't be as good as Q's 2017.

He nets a top prospect or the equivalent.

As for the Cubs, no problem here as long as the Sox due it on the Sox terms. Sox don't need a DH at this point.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Q was nearly a 5 war player for 3 straight years. this year, even in an "off" year, it will be 3.5 and probably close to 4.

Sonny Gray has never had a year anywhere close to any of Q's 2014-2016. Cole has had 1.

Tehran has had none - in fact, Tehran's best year won't be as good as Q's 2017.

He nets a top prospect or the equivalent.

As for the Cubs, no problem here as long as the Sox due it on the Sox terms. Sox don't need a DH at this point.

For that kind of return (Jimenez and Cease), one would think it has to be coincidence, Q, or someone who has not been discussed as being available.

If Gray were to command that package, I suspect we majorly f***ed up, or else we are going to be very pleased at some point in the next few weeks.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
For that kind of return (Jimenez and Cease), one would think it has to be coincidence, Q, or someone who has not been discussed as being available.

If Gray were to command that package, I suspect we majorly f***ed up, or else we are going to be very pleased at some point in the next few weeks.

I haven't seen a thing on the Cubs (and honestly, except for some Sox reporters, I haven't really seen much at all). But if they're willing to go Jimenez/Cease, you have to keep an open mind.

Now I think they'll try to move Schwarber because he's a DH. He may be a good one; I don't know, don't care, don't want.

Impossible for me to root against Quintana, no matter where he goes. I don't particularly care for the Cubs or the Brewers (gifted our spot in the AL East), but those are minor concerns.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)

Agreed that both of them seems like too much for Gray. Verlander too (and I really hope Detroit doesn't end up with Eloy). Only one that really makes sense of the commonly rumored names is Archer, but it would make no sense for the Rays to sell him right now. But I also have a really hard time seeing the Cubs trading for Quintana. Who else is worth giving up Eloy and is on the market? Maybe it's a guy like DeGrom that comes out of nowhere. Both Eloy and Cease being out of tonight's game almost seems like too much of a coincidence.