Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:16 AM)
Agreed that both of them seems like too much for Gray. Verlander too (and I really hope Detroit doesn't end up with Eloy). Only one that really makes sense of the commonly rumored names is Archer, but it would make no sense for the Rays to sell him right now. But I also have a really hard time seeing the Cubs trading for Quintana. Who else is worth giving up Eloy and is on the market? Maybe it's a guy like DeGrom that comes out of nowhere. Both Eloy and Cease being out of tonight's game almost seems like too much of a coincidence.

Stroman or M. Fulmer

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:16 PM)
Agreed that both of them seems like too much for Gray. Verlander too (and I really hope Detroit doesn't end up with Eloy). Only one that really makes sense of the commonly rumored names is Archer, but it would make no sense for the Rays to sell him right now. But I also have a really hard time seeing the Cubs trading for Quintana. Who else is worth giving up Eloy and is on the market? Maybe it's a guy like DeGrom that comes out of nowhere. Both Eloy and Cease being out of tonight's game almost seems like too much of a coincidence.

Good point....I had forgotten about Archer.

Fathom brings up Stroman and Fulmer.

I guess you never know...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:29 PM)
:wub:

Earlier in this thread the Brewers were considered the favorites to get Q.If that is the case seems to me it makes sense to get the Cubs involved. Sox either strengthen one or the other and make sure are fully aware that if one team drops out the other is going to get him.

Take this with a grain of salt, but a bunch of MLB fans are claiming that Rosenthal tweeted and then quickly deleted something about progress being made on Quintana to the Cubs.

edit: and it's not a fake account or anything, they subscribe for notifications when the real Rosenthal tweets and all claim to have gotten this notification

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
Take this with a grain of salt, but a bunch of MLB fans are claiming that Rosenthal tweeted and then quickly deleted something about progress being made on Quintana to the Cubs.

edit: and it's not a fake account or anything, they subscribe for notifications when the real Rosenthal tweets and all claim to have gotten this notification

MLB fans?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:58 PM)

Mind linking it? Can't find it myself searching twitter.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:02 PM)
He deleted it so nobody can see it. Apparently it was a few minutes ago but no screenshots have emerged yet.

The commentary by fans though?

Basically, where are you reading this?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:02 PM)
He deleted it so nobody can see it. Apparently it was a few minutes ago but no screenshots have emerged yet.

I believe he was asking for a link to the discussion about this shananigins. He wants to see what you're seeing. ( so do we ) :ph34r:

( even if it has a likelihood of being bs )

It's something none the less

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:03 PM)
The commentary by fans though?

Basically, where are you reading this?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:03 PM)
Ok thanks. Where did you read this?

Drew Sabol‏

@Ken_Rosenthal my friend @carmstrong15 said you deleted a tweet that said Quintana got traded to the Cubs. Why'd you delete it?

There's that, and then someone messaged me, "[a friend] said 'I got the notification and then I went to look and it got deleted it said "would've never believed the teams to make a deal but I have some sources saying things are looming and it makes perfect sense" then I went to look and it was deleted'.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:06 PM)
Wow, he actually said the deal was made...

Eh, I'm becoming more skeptical now. I don't regret posting it or anything but the only other people backing this up are just people in a group chat saying "I saw it too" or "I got the notification but didn't see the tweet" so I don't know if this is all true or not