07/24 GT: Cubs vs. Sox game 1, 1:20 PM

I wonder if the front office is just letting Renteria do whatever he wants this year, and then after the season they'll talk about situations that came up that they would like to see differently next season. Early inning bunting has to stop.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
I wonder if the front office is just letting Renteria do whatever he wants this year, and then after the season they'll talk about situations that came up that they would like to see differently next season. Early inning bunting has to stop.

I hope so.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
Let's strive mightily to win and smite those heathen Cubs

THIS! Look...I really don't have anything against the Cubs as a team...but good lord their fans simply the most most overbearing simpletons on the planet. I rarely get on facebook anymore (mostly because it's diluted with crap and turned into a marketing tool) but also due to the idiotic W flag crap with EVERY. SINGLE. GD GAME! Most I know went from "I wouldn't give you crap for a mediocre pitcher like Quintana"....to...."we've finally got a Cy Young type pitcher who's a Top 5 in baseball". So reverse standings be damned! BEAT THE s*** OUT OF THE CUBS any game you can!!!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)

.Working on Yoan Moncada's sacrifice bunting seems to be something that shouldn't be on any agenda whether you are trying to win or just worried about development.

If they are going to talk to Ricky about it, the sooner the better. Let the kid experience the situations the team will need him to come through in future seasons.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
First off, one of your better run producers should be Moncada. Secondly, he's bunting to move runners along for the Yolmer Sanchez. Thirdly, he is up 2-0 with a crappy bullpen, Swarzak unavailable and Pelfrey with 96 pitches, and isn't playing for the big inning. Lastly, Moncada had never bunted in his life. If he took one off the finger and broke it, that would have just added to the stupidity.

Maybe major leaguers should know how to bunt. That's a separate argument. But not all do, and Moncada is one of them.

This pretty much sums it up..

top 5 prospect in all of baseball sac bunting for a career 250 hitter... who was about 7-45 for the month.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
2-0 cubs.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about our pitching.

6-0 cubs.

Hendricks is coming back after being on the shelf for over a month. I gotta think the Sox offense can mustard together at least a run. Who knows?

Was just looking at some statistics of the board.

The last registered member registered on July 12, 2017. Quite a bit of time ago.

The users who have posted in this gaame thread are all relatively old registered users. 2-3 are from 2013/2014/2015 range, but generally all who post in this game thread have been from before 2010.

When the Sox get good in a year or two we will have to go on a wide recruiting campaign for Soxtalk... or it might just pick up naturally :P.

For those of us stuck at work, how's the atmosphere look? Are Cubs fans having fun shoving 2015 memorabilia at Sox fans while we fight to keep control of the Crosstown Cup?

Edit: Oops. Meant to say 2016 memorabilia.

Edited by Yoda

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
Was just looking at some statistics of the board.

The last registered member registered on July 12, 2017. Quite a bit of time ago.

The users who have posted in this gaame thread are all relatively old registered users. 2-3 are from 2013/2014/2015 range, but generally all who post in this game thread have been from before 2010.

When the Sox get good in a year or two we will have to go on a wide recruiting campaign for Soxtalk... or it might just pick up naturally :P.

July 12th was a week and a half ago, that isn't quite a bit of time