07/24 GT: Cubs vs. Sox game 1, 1:20 PM

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
Hawk and Stoney saying that Renteria is trying to get the players in the mindset to learn and lay down good hunts when the team is good. Ok then Rick

When they are good, if Moncada is anywhere near where he is supposed to be, having him bunt would be the last thing on anyone's mind.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 03:50 PM)
Hawk and Stoney saying that Renteria is trying to get the players in the mindset to learn and lay down good hunts when the team is good. Ok then Rick

How bout trying to get our young superstar prospect more real at bats so he can become good first?

Edited by ChiSox1917

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
makes no f***ing sense. Living in the liveliest of live ball eras; here is a bight f***ing idea lets do everything that is the converse of that...

It's like the Bulls and their idea that a poor shooting team could be really good.

Why you are making Yoan Moncada give up an AB is beyond me.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
That still doesn't make much sense because you should almost never be bunting anyway, it's not a particularly useful skill.

It can be in certain circumstances. Not every single time we get a base runner like Rick seems to believe

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)
It's like the Bulls and their idea that a poor shooting team could be really good.

Exactly, if Moncada hits his ceiling he is a potential 40/40 player

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)

So far 2 and counting....

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
Exactly, if Moncada hits his ceiling he is a potential 40/40 player

Won't be hitting 40 steals with Ricky managing.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 07:52 PM)
When they are good, if Moncada is anywhere near where he is supposed to be, having him bunt would be the last thing on anyone's mind.

I do not disagree. There is some rationale in having guys bunt but not RBI guys IMO. The team needs to get good so in the meantime it's going to be a bit ugly to see

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)
It can be in certain circumstances. Not every single time we get a base runner like Rick seems to believe

They're using the "it's practicing under game circumstances" as an excuse.

The problem continues to be that if there are any circumstances where we want Moncada sacrificing, EVER, then we have failed in his player development.

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)

The only guys I ever want bunting are pitchers or guys who hit like pitchers. Hopefully Moncada can hit better than a pitcher, and if he can then I don't want him ever bunting.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 07:52 PM)
That still doesn't make much sense because you should almost never be bunting anyway, it's not a particularly useful skill.

Bunting is a useful tool when used at the appropriate times

I hate the bunt with a passion, but if your manager is going to be an idiot about it, why wasn't Yoan practicing that in the minors? I'm sure the great Buddy Bell must have forgot to get things aligned.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
I apologize for everything I ever criticized about you Robin... I've never quite seen this boneheaded of a manager.

How about next time there's a managerial opening, they actually interview someone