White Sox recall Aaron Bummer and Willy Garcia

KnightsOnMintSt

From a purely development standpoint it seems like we're rushing this kid a bit. I'd have preferred to get him 30-40 AAA innings before starting his service clock. There's no shortage of AAAA bullpen arms in Charlotte to throw into the churn. But he's definitely the most interesting relief prospect we have (that's not undergoing TJ surgery).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
Bummer's first major league pitch was a strike and his first batter faced struck out. He then allowed a homer to a left handed batter. Mixed results and I am sure not the outing he wanted. Let's get em next time

The homers last night for both teams were really smoked.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 12:41 PM)
No cheapies in that barrage. I sure liked what Abreu showed and I am liking Willie Garcia

Willy Garcia will get his chance the next two months to show us what he can do. We have plenty of outfielders to test out (Engel, Liriano, Garcia, Cordell, etc.)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
Bummer's first major league pitch was a strike and his first batter faced struck out. He then allowed a homer to a left handed batter. Mixed results and I am sure not the outing he wanted. Let's get em next time

The slider he threw to strike out the batter (was it Rizzo?) was pretty nasty, though.