2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a good game.

To me this game seals fox being gone next year. Obviously barring a run to the playoffs, but seeing another game like htis in primetime, i just doubt that happens more and more.

Treviathan should be gone for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Glennon is just bad. He's just bad.

Our passrush doesn't exist.

Oh hey, another jordy nelson touchdown.

Glennon excuses

1) He's a leader and organized! Missed snap count and ill-timed timeout earlier

2) Trubisky is inexperienced! Doesn't play at all in two blowouts to gain experience

3) He's accurate and takes care of the ball! 8 turnovers in 3 games

4) He got paid so he'll play! Makes $18m guaranteed regardless

5) They weren't going to win this year anyway! Best D, ST, OL and run game Bears have had in 6 years

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)
Not a good game.

To me this game seals fox being gone next year. Obviously barring a run to the playoffs, but seeing another game like htis in primetime, i just doubt that happens more and more.

Treviathan should be gone for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Glennon is just bad. He's just bad.

Our passrush doesn't exist.

Oh hey, another jordy nelson touchdown.

I'm so done with this team until that stubborn ass Fox is gone. I literally hate him with all me being right now. There's no rhyme nor reason not to play Trubisky...even for a half in a game like this. Eff you Fox! Can't wait til he's gone.

As for our pass rush...or lack thereof...that shine has certainly come off that Fangio star for me. There's zero pressure...and honestly I can't even remember the last time someone blitzed on this team. Pathetic.

I'll probably watch the next game but only because it's on Monday night...but after that...I'm not watching again until that worthless ass Glennon's ass is firmly planted on the bench. Good lord. I get the restrictions you have and all..but when I almost flipped a gourd was at the end of the first half...right before they scored...the clock was winding down and instead of being a leader...and calling TO...he's looking around like a little scared school girl...looking at the bench saying "what do I do"....it was kind of embarrassing. He's a placeholder...but honestly...this team (mostly because of Fox) has lost me. I just don't give a s*** after a mere 4 games. Shove it Virginia.....

Random question, but what about this game makes everyone want to fire Fox? Is it the fact that Glennon sucks? Is it because people think the team quit (even though it was Glennon who singlehandedly totally blew with 4 bad turnovers)? Is it more that people are just pissed that Trubisky isn't there?

Either way, I think it was pretty evident from the postgame, Fox is ready to go to Trubisky. Reality is he's probably been ready for a while but he can't play him without an organizational approval. I don't even know how to evaluate the defense or offense when you get that bad of play out of the QB. I didn't think he could be worse then he was last week, but he proved me wrong.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 01:23 AM)
Random question, but what about this game makes everyone want to fire Fox? Is it the fact that Glennon sucks? Is it because people think the team quit (even though it was Glennon who singlehandedly totally blew with 4 bad turnovers)? Is it more that people are just pissed that Trubisky isn't there?

Either way, I think it was pretty evident from the postgame, Fox is ready to go to Trubisky. Reality is he's probably been ready for a while but he can't play him without an organizational approval. I don't even know how to evaluate the defense or offense when you get that bad of play out of the QB. I didn't think he could be worse then he was last week, but he proved me wrong.

I think not even putting Trubisky at all coupled with the fact that he started running the clock out at the end of the third quarter is why I am pretty much done with him now. It is not the first time he has done something like that

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 07:13 AM)
We are at the point now that Shaheen and Gentry are considered weapons? Gentry is the new Sanzenbacher.

When your options are Josh Bellamy, Markus Wheaton and Deonte Thompson? Um.. yea. (even Kendall Wright is meh, but he at least is average so I won't lump him with the others)

And hopefully as Hub said, Shaheen and Trubisky are hopefully connecting on alot of TDs the next 10+ years. Might as well see if the future is now.