2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
I don’t know if it is directly correlated but this O Line opened some gaping holes with Kyle Long back in it

I think it isn't a coincidence, because especially outside runs where pulling we were excellent. Howard was great at both getting to2nd level quick, but escaping multiple broken plays with yards.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
After Thurs. I will be very disappointed if longer.

Very soon. Loved the win and the defense, online, and backfield, but man Glennon is bad. Not that we didn't know that, but I hope Trubisky is ready cause his time is extremely near. I wouldn't be shocked if we went to him this week even (Glennon was that bad). But alas, this is less about Glennon at this point and more about when they are ready to turn to Trubisky. Too bad the Packers came back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
I don’t know if it is directly correlated but this O Line opened some gaping holes with Kyle Long back in it

There were a couple highlights where Long was just flat out destroying people and he was really getting upfield. Was really impressed. Olines take time to gel and there have been a lot of injuries / people out. Hopefully they are going to start getting healthy and starting gelling cause that online has some talent.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 10:24 PM)
Very soon. Loved the win and the defense, online, and backfield, but man Glennon is bad. Not that we didn't know that, but I hope Trubisky is ready cause his time is extremely near. I wouldn't be shocked if we went to him this week even (Glennon was that bad). But alas, this is less about Glennon at this point and more about when they are ready to turn to Trubisky. Too bad the Packers came back.

He got 14 million dollars. Still blows my mind. I don't think he would have had an offer over 5 million from any other team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
Considering how limited he runs our offense, hard to imagine how this can be justified beyond this week...however, couldn't pick worse timing then before a Thursday night game. So glennon...you better ball out on your last game as a starter. We know you won't.

Do you really think the offense will be any different with Trubiskey with the current set of WRs? I wouldn't throw to any of them either.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 07:22 AM)
Do you really think the offense will be any different with Trubiskey with the current set of WRs? I wouldn't throw to any of them either.

All-22 Game film shows that they are getting open and Glennon isn’t seeing them. A lot

He locks on to his pre snap read and doesn’t go through his progressions

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 07:22 AM)

That's the point. Any QB can run an offense of dumpoffs. At least with Trubisky we'll get less sacks and some nice rollouts.

There have also been plenty of highlights of Glennon missing wide open receivers.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 07:30 AM)
All-22 Game film shows that they are getting open and Glennon isn’t seeing them. A lot

He locks on to his pre snap read and doesn’t go through his progressions

He's lucky that he didn't throw about 4 picks yesterday for that very reason. From our view up high, countless times the Steelers DBs knew exactly where he was going and got a jump on it before he even threw. Either they were a step too slow or just couldn't get their hands on it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
Thursday night games suck. Both the Bears and GB played OT in really hot conditions. Thursday has sloppy written all over it.

A bye week before Thursday night games makes sense to everyone involved, except for the owners' profit margin. Therefore here we are.

So I had my Echo on and listened to Hampton and OB after the game. I am really starting to believe they want the Bears to lose for the complaining. They have made their beds and now if they win, they are still pissed off. A caller mentioned that he had seen their entire careers and they had played on some real lousy teams, and they just tried to humiliate the guy.

Its funny for a while. They definitely are catering to the Superfan type of person. Ditka, sausage, Bears....

But from how they ripped everyone from Fox on down, you would have thought they lost 50-0 yesterday. We all know Cooper made one of the dumbest plays in history, but OB, that isn't Fox's fault. It isn't his position coach's fault. I get it, you think they suck, but it isn't their fault. Yeah, Fox tried to make a laugh out of it a bit at his press conference. What good does having an anuerism over it at that stage do?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
So I had my Echo on and listened to Hampton and OB after the game. I am really starting to believe they want the Bears to lose for the complaining. They have made their beds and now if they win, they are still pissed off. A caller mentioned that he had seen their entire careers and they had played on some real lousy teams, and they just tried to humiliate the guy.

Its funny for a while. They definitely are catering to the Superfan type of person. Ditka, sausage, Bears....

But from how they ripped everyone from Fox on down, you would have thought they lost 50-0 yesterday. We all know Cooper made one of the dumbest plays in history, but OB, that isn't Fox's fault. It isn't his position coach's fault. I get it, you think they suck, but it isn't their fault. Yeah, Fox tried to make a laugh out of it a bit at his press conference. What good does having an anuerism over it at that stage do?

Big Cat and Olin Kreutz are pretty good. I listen to that if I ever do postgame.