2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
Why wouldn't he be? I actually thought you'd have more issue with him saying OBJ instead of A. Brown or Julio as far as WR. (although that is debatable of course)

No there's zero issue. I was just making sure. I'm a Northern Iowa alumnus just like Johnson so he's a favorite of mine. I'm very biased with him so of course I think he's the best.

A perfect example of media spin I read today "Monday night football ratings plummet to season low as league meets with players in NYC over social issues!"

It was a bad Indianapolis team vs. Nashville. Meanwhile the previous 4 weeks saw New York, Chicago, DC, and the Cowboys, leagues most popular team. Of course they dropped.

Kozlowski, Hampton and OB currently ripping Trubisky and the coaching staff. Another game you would have thought they lost by at least 40 listening to their show.

Now they are complaining about "all the money " they gave to Rueben Randle and wondering why the Bears didn't play their regulars the 4th exhibition game. This stuff is hilarious.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 04:19 PM)
Kozlowski, Hampton and OB currently ripping Trubisky and the coaching staff. Another game you would have thought they lost by at least 40 listening to their show.

Now they are complaining about "all the money " they gave to Rueben Randle and wondering why the Bears didn't play their regulars the 4th exhibition game. This stuff is hilarious.

They're not wrong. Ron Rivera bungled this game away for the Panthers. There is no way in hell the Bears should have won this game. They won more because of the incompetence of the Panthers more than anything else.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 04:52 PM)
They're not wrong. Ron Rivera bungled this game away for the Panthers. There is no way in hell the Bears should have won this game. They won more because of the incompetence of the Panthers more than anything else.

Saying a team shouldn't have won a game when they led for nearly all 4 quarters, including them being up two scores for nearly 3 of the quarters, seems pretty dumb to me. They likely call plays a bit differently if they are down there. They just didn't need to.

The Bears defense absolutely dominated Carolina.

Edited by Da_Goob

QUOTE (Da_Goob @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
Saying a team shouldn't have won a game when they led for nearly all 4 quarters, including them being up two scores for nearly 3 of the quarters, seems pretty dumb to me. They likely call plays a bit differently if they are down there. They just didn't need to.

And their offense managed 3 points.

QUOTE (Da_Goob @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)

Panthers offense: 293 Yds Bears offense 153, 70 of which came on one play. Whose defense dominated whom? Gee I wonder? Panthers played sloppy, Bears played putrid. Panthers turned the ball over, which resulted in scores without the offense taking the field. If Jackson steps out of bounds on both of those plays, I doubt that the Bears score more than 3 points. The Bears in no way, shape or form should be holding their heads up high after this win. If I were the coach, I'd tell them that they didn't actually win today, it was a dream and they actually got shut out because that is how poorly they played today.

This section of the thread needs more Chubbs Peterson: "You were great out there today, but you weren't that great"

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
Panthers offense: 293 Yds Bears offense 153, 70 of which came on one play. Whose defense dominated whom? Gee I wonder? Panthers played sloppy, Bears played putrid. Panthers turned the ball over, which resulted in scores without the offense taking the field. If Jackson steps out of bounds on both of those plays, I doubt that the Bears score more than 3 points. The Bears in no way shape or form should be holding their heads up high after this win. If I were the coach, I'd tell them that they didn't actually win today, it was a dream and they actually got shut out.

Bears defense 14 points, Panthers offense 3 points. Bears offense 3 points, Panthers defense 0 points.... I'll say the Bears defense dominated. You can keep your empty yards. That game was over in the second quarter. The Bears offense might have looked bad, but they didn't need to look good. They just had to not turn the ball over, which is what they did.

QUOTE (Da_Goob @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 05:20 PM)
Bears defense 14 points, Panthers offense 3 points. Bears offense 3 points, Panthers defense 0 points.... I'll say the Bears defense dominated. You can keep your empty yards. That game was over in the second quarter. The Bears offense might have looked bad, but they didn't need to look good. They just had to not turn the ball over, which is what they did.

Bad would be an improvement over what the offense looked like today. It was so bad that words cannot describe it. A Jonathan Quinn or Moses Moreno lead offense would have been a massive improvement on today's dumpster fire. Quite frankly this is the worst offensive performance I have ever seen by the Bears. That says a lot.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 05:23 PM)
Bad would be an improvement over what the offense looked like today. It was so bad that words cannot describe it.

I have a feeling you might be upset with a few more wins then this year. With the Bears run game and defense they will be in most games and will win some as long as they continue to protect the ball.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 05:23 PM)
Bad would be an improvement over what the offense looked like today. It was so bad that words cannot describe it. A Jonathan Quinn or Moses Moreno lead offense would have been a massive improvement on today's dumpster fire. Quite frankly this is the worst offensive performance I have ever seen by the Bears. That says a lot.

I'll take this offensive performance any day of the week over the Bucs performance and the Packers performance where the offense pretty much lost the Bears the game in the first quarter.