sox marketing technique - acquiring attractive players

ron883

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the White Sox announcers have a lot to do with the marketability of the team, locally and nationally.

Harry Carey helped to revive the White Sox and then he went well beyond that during his later years announcing for the cubs.

Hawk has done a great job over the years.

Then there is Jason Bennetti.. .IMO his banter during games is nerdy, trite and often annoying. He does not have the voice, the timing or the knack for infusing excitement into the broadcast.

I guess Sox management and others see something that I don't with that guy. I find it much easier to tune out of games now, and that isn't only because we are losing so often. It's because I find Bennetti to be kind of creepy and, once again, annoying.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Sep 2, 2017 -> 04:04 PM)
Then there is Jason Bennetti.. .IMO his banter during games is nerdy, trite and often annoying. He does not have the voice, the timing or the knack for infusing excitement into the broadcast....

... I find Bennetti to be kind of creepy and, once again, annoying.

He was very unengaging when I saw him in person before a Dodgers / Sox game a couple weeks back. Saying "hi" to him was met with silence and this scowling grimace which conveyed, "leave me alone."

That said, it could have been take as him trying to dig around the players to "do his homework before a broadcast".

Jury is still out on him as far as my opinion is concerned.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
I've always said there's some sort of genetic connection between attractiveness and being exceptionally good at physical feats. Obviously there are exceptions, but superstars in sports also just tend to be good looking people. Same in the performing arts. It's prettttttty interesting.

Basically what I'm saying is ron is 100% right, and we're likely to be a good team in a couple years because our players are pretty. Fact.

There have been actual studies on what you are talking about. Good looking people in general tend to be more successful in many high paying jobs and are more apt to be hired over the less attractive.