The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 04:50 PM)
Another "groping" allegation against Ben Affleck. Will be interesting to see if more come out and how bad it damages his career.

You know WB has to be freaking out right now with Justice League a little over a month away

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 12:08 PM)
Alternate headline: "Trump will speak at event sponsored by Family Research Council"

For sure. They are so pro gay, like Trump!

Family Research Council believes that homosexual conduct is harmful to the persons who engage in it and to society at large, and can never be affirmed. It is by definition unnatural
Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 02:26 PM)
I said Trump was the first president in our history to take office and be in favor of gay marriage. That is true. If you're going to witch hunt people with guilt by association then literally all of DC is criminals, rapists, homophobic, etc.

For instance, I am sure you would take exception to someone calling Michelle Obama a sexual abuser for speaking at an event sponsored by Harvey Weinstein. You know, the guy this thread was supposed to be about.

Serious question, I will applaud if you answer honestly, do you really think Michelle Obama would even consider speaking at an event sponsored by Harvey had this already have come out? Basically, that IS what Trump is doing.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
The headline posted was editorializing. I posted an alternate headline that just said exactly what was occurring with no opinion. If you can't see the difference that's on you.

Everyone is ragging on you because you said you like Trump's pro gay rhetoric. Either your head is in the sand or you are being obtuse. You might be the only person I have come across to believe that Trump is a champion of gay rights. You only have to look as far as his VP selection to know where he really stands.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
Why does it matter? No, she wouldn't. Even though she probably knew what he was all about when she did speak at his event like everyone else did. I was unaware that Trump was speaking at Weinstein's upcoming event.

Once again you play dumb. Trump knows what this group thinks about homosexuals.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
Trump is the first president in our country's history to enter the WH in favor of gay marriage.

That would be like someone calling Trump very pro civil rights because he once said "all lives matter". Actions speak louder than words. He is not pro gay anything.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
That would be like someone calling Trump very pro civil rights because he once said "all lives matter". Actions speak louder than words. He is not pro gay anything.

He also never made fun of the reporter with a disability. He also said he would wipe out Puerto Rico's debt and do whatever it took. Now, a few days later, FEMA can't be there forever.

Edited by Dick Allen

I said Trump was the first president in our history to take office and be in favor of gay marriage. That is true. If you're going to witch hunt people with guilt by association then literally all of DC is criminals, rapists, homophobic, etc.

For instance, I am sure you would take exception to someone calling Michelle Obama a sexual abuser for speaking at an event sponsored by Harvey Weinstein. You know, the guy this thread was supposed to be about.

How about "guilt by actions his administration is doing" because those are also pretty anti LGBT

That's not what happening here though. Harvey Weinstein didn't sponsor events and largely exist in order to promote sexual abuse, while the family research council makes hating LGBT a core part of their mission. If Michelle Obama spoke at events sponsored by nambla, she would rightfully be criticized for that association. Who you choose to associate yourself with does actually matter.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
That's not what happening here though. Harvey Weinstein didn't sponsor events and largely exist in order to promote sexual abuse, while the family research council makes hating LGBT a core part of their mission. If Michelle Obama spoke at events sponsored by nambla, she would rightfully be criticized for that association. Who you choose to associate yourself with does actually matter.

It's the new wrinkle in the playbook. When Hillary isn't applicable or Obama.... Harvey Weinstein.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 08:36 PM)
Trump is the first president in our country's history to enter the WH in favor of gay marriage. I never called him a champion of anything. You said that, not me.

You said one of the few things you liked about Trump was his stance on LGBT issues because you're socially liberal. But Trump is horrible on LGBT issues, as he has allied with the Religious Right, and has his administration do their bidding.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 04:04 PM)
You said one of the few things you liked about Trump was his stance on LGBT issues because you're socially liberal. But Trump is horrible on LGBT issues, as he has allied with the Religious Right, and has his administration do their bidding.

I mean, this debate doesn't need to go any further than Mike Pence.

Even though I'm all for free speech, I do think Al Michaels erred in his comment last night that the Giants have had a worse week than Harvey Weinstein.

This is because that begs the question, "What happened with Weinstein this week?" And the answer to that is sickening and sad and gross and pathetic. Harvey allegedly committed some serious crimes.

Not a fireable offense considering SNL had a whole skit about women in Hollywood getting victimized and also went there during Weekend update. I think Al should have not gone there just because what Harvey did is very rotten to the core.

Do you think it was OK for SNL to lampoon it twice and Al to mention Harvey?

• 2 weeks later...