4/3 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

Dunt

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:41 PM)
I said it before, but everyone understood this team would struggle to win 75 games this season, and it’s all part of plan. So far, guys like Shields, Gonzalez and the bullpen have performed as expected..bad.

What did people think 85+ losses was going to look like?

Going to a lot of 7-5 and 8-6 losses this year.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:41 PM)
I said it before, but everyone understood this team would struggle to win 75 games this season, and it’s all part of plan. So far, guys like Shields, Gonzalez and the bullpen have performed as expected..bad.

Meet your skid stopper-Carson Fulmer

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:41 PM)

Still kind of hard to accept in the game moment lol.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:41 PM)
Do you expect Lopez and Giolito to be bad too? Then, you're right. That one will be in orbit for the foreseeable future. Wow Avi.

I expect them to be around 1-3 WAR. They are young starters and probably aren't going to ace the league in their first full season. The other three guys are going to suck ass and probably be below replacement.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:38 PM)
Not sure where you stand with Fulmer, but he's gotta prove to me that he can start. I am not a believer. Sometimes he can barely get out of the first inning. Not even sure if he can be a reliever sometimes.

That's exactly where I stand. Said it two years ago I felt Sox crippled his development rushing him (also not a fan of them slowing down his delivery. Had a Lincecum like start). I don't believe he's even a reliever with his control. I hope he proves me wrong and then some.

Missed his last AB, so this is more a delayed statement from earlier, but I’ve always been baffled about why Moncada excites people. Strikes out waaaaay too much. Think Kopech will be the actual prize from the Sale trade, and it won’t even be close.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks Saladino doesn’t suck? I called that one a while ago.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 12:43 AM)
That's exactly where I stand. Said it two years ago I felt Sox crippled his development rushing him (also not a fan of them slowing down his delivery. Had a Lincecum like start). I don't believe he's even a reliever with his control. I hope he proves me wrong and then some.

His stuff is also overrated. Doesn't seem to have any plus pitches now

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:44 PM)
Missed his last AB, so this is more a delayed statement from earlier, but I?€ve always been baffled about why Moncada excites people. Strikes out waaaaay too much. Think Kopech will be the actual prize from the Sale trade, and it won?€t even be close.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks Saladino doesn?€t suck? I called that one a while ago.

As a hitter, yeah he's not very good. As a fielder, he can still pick it and throw it. He has his moments. Saladino that is.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:44 PM)
Missed his last AB, so this is more a delayed statement from earlier, but I’ve always been baffled about why Moncada excites people. Strikes out waaaaay too much. Think Kopech will be the actual prize from the Sale trade, and it won’t even be close.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks Saladino doesn’t suck? I called that one a while ago.

I wish I would disagree but f***, there’s something about Moncada that concerns me. It just feels like with every 433 foot HR into 25 mph winds in KC he has 3-4 rough games at the plate. I really, REALLY want to be wrong.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:44 PM)
Missed his last AB, so this is more a delayed statement from earlier, but I?€ve always been baffled about why Moncada excites people. Strikes out waaaaay too much. Think Kopech will be the actual prize from the Sale trade, and it won?€t even be close.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks Saladino doesn?€t suck? I called that one a while ago.

I'm not sold on Kopech as a starter. Don't think his change will end up being viable. I do think Kopech will be a hell of a closer. I'm higher on Moncada as a hitter than I am on Kopech as a pitcher. Moncada will probably k 150 times in a season, but I expect him to be Cano with speed eventually. He has too good of an eye for the Zone to not hit eventually. Moncada absolutely crushed some balls in KC that were held in the park by wind and cold weather. Let's not overreact to small sample sizes. Moncada will be fine.

Edited by Jack Parkman