4/3 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

Dunt

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:44 PM)
Missed his last AB, so this is more a delayed statement from earlier, but I’ve always been baffled about why Moncada excites people. Strikes out waaaaay too much. Think Kopech will be the actual prize from the Sale trade, and it won’t even be close.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks Saladino doesn’t suck? I called that one a while ago.

Wow, can’t even take this post seriously.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 01:48 AM)
If MiGo, Shields and Danny Farquhar are involved, and “the core” is still producing positive results, we should all be happy.

Yep last night was a great game in my opinion. Honestly probably better than the win Saturday where they won but truthfully Giolito looked awful

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm not sold on Kopech as a starter. Don't think his change will end up being viable. I do think Kopech will be a hell of a closer. I'm higher on Moncada as a hitter than I am on Kopech as a pitcher. Moncada will probably k 150 times in a season, but I expect him to be Cano with speed eventually. He has too good of an eye for the Zone to not hit eventually.

If Kopech does not become a starter, I would consider that a huge fail when trading one of the games finest 5 pitchers.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:47 PM)
Not too sure why we bothered resigning Gonzalez and his 5.39 SIERA/5.65 xFIP. Would have preferred just to do what the Twins did with Pineda and throw one of the Guererro-type fringe prospects at the 5th starter slot and see if something stuck.

Yes, even if some sort of miracle occurs and he is pretty average, it isn’t like he is going to bring back a very interesting prospect on a flip.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:00 PM)
If Anderson keeps this crazy HR pace up he’ll have a shot at a 30/30 season.

No doubt. I said 20/20 because I don't wanna put crazy expectations yet. ;)