4/3 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

Dunt

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 12:44 AM)
Missed his last AB, so this is more a delayed statement from earlier, but I’ve always been baffled about why Moncada excites people. Strikes out waaaaay too much. Think Kopech will be the actual prize from the Sale trade, and it won’t even be close.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks Saladino doesn’t suck? I called that one a while ago.

I worshiped Saladino his first year in Chicago. I agree he blows now.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 12:45 AM)
Please take Matt Davidson out of the cleanup spot.

I don't like our lineup. I do like Ricky, but please, Ricky, re-do the lineup. No Avi at second; No Matt at fourth. Time for a do-over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 01:49 AM)
The ball is so juiced

I agree.

My own contribution to this thread: My gawd Infante sucks. I truly believe Fathom could strike a double off him. That's batting practice pitching, baby.

I can't wait til we contend again. I expect losses and don't get mad anymore. That's unhealthy.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:21 PM)
If it makes anyone feel better none of the pitchers allowing these runs will be on the team next year. Hell, some might not be here by August.

Shields might last til the end, but more games from Miguel like tonight, he won't last until August. The bullpen will look completely different by July probably...hopefully :pray

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:25 PM)
It really appears they are trying to tank again.

I don't understand what the benefit of tanking would be this year. We have a lot of high end talent and a top 5 pick this year. We need to start growing for personal reasons and to attract free agents. If we are indeed tanking again, I don't see us competing until 2021 at the earliest when the players would have grown and learned how to win a little.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 10:28 PM)
Aside from that walk, rough game for Yoan

If he continues to struggle this month, I hope they move him down to 6-7 spot and see if the pressure of leading off is affecting him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 09:28 PM)
Is there a financial reason we didn’t break camp with a Ross/Rondon/Cedeno?

as far as I'm aware they were all minor league deals with no (big) major league guarantees. Strange. Cedeno in particular is my choice for this year's Swarzak if/when he gets up