GT: Detroit @ Chicago, 1:10 CT, 6/16/18

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Goodness. You freaking walk a guy so you can pitch to Castellanos. Very clear he has no idea where his pitches are going. 

Well, I don't think he did that on purpose. lol. If that's any defense. 

Regarding Giolito, I think you give him the rest of the season with Coop and see if he can make any strides.  At this point in the season I hate wasting his last option.  If he continues to struggle, give him as much time as needed in AAA next year to figure his shit out.  We can start off 2019 with a rotation of Rodon, Lopez, Covey, Stephens, & filler until Kopech is ready.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

Just now, Richie said:

Well, I don't think he did that on purpose. lol. If that's any defense. 

LMAO. Of course. When he got down 3-0, I was sure he'd never throw 3 strikes in a row. Inning coulda been worse...he hit a guy who was swinging so he got lucky there. then he grooves absolute meat to Castellanos, one of the better hitters in the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Regarding Giolito, I think you give him the rest of the season with Coop and see if he can make any strides. 

Yeah, I agree with this. Just ride it out and see if anything gives. We're 20 games under .500 and I don't really give a damn. 

I mean, today sucked on the surface. However, he only walked two - the two walks were just in front of Castellanos who burned him. One guy did this on two pitches. This wasn't his typical marathon start, where he's walking a batter an inning and falling behind in every count. 

Don't get me wrong - still discouraging. So long as he's not blowing up in the 1st or 2nd inning of every start like Fulmer, though. I think you ride out the storm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

You cant stop Charlie Tilson, you can only hope to contain him. 

This was almost poetic, seeing as he should have been picked off right after this post.