Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

He doesn't need to be franchised this year, they could figure it out next year. His cap hit this year was only 8.5 million or something.

So it would be over $18 mil to franchise him next year then? Anyway, that's the downside of the tag if there is one, all the money is guaranteed so you can't play any games with moving stuff around, you need $18 million free. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So it would be over $18 mil to franchise him next year then? Anyway, that's the downside of the tag if there is one, all the money is guaranteed so you can't play any games with moving stuff around, you need $18 million free. 

18<22.3

The Bears being bad was finally an advantage. Reports are that the Rams offered a similar package for Mack. However, the Raiders thought that the Rams 1st rounds picks would be much lower than the Bears.

Score 1 for the for Fox, Pace and the bad Bears recently.

1 hour ago, Wanne said:

Is there really a more overrated QB than Matt Ryan in this league? Good lord...

He really reminded me of Payton Manning in his last year with the broncos. His arm strength looked shot, very sloppy throws and and was floating a few up there. Philly's front put some nice pressure throughout the game but he had some wide open throws he just lobbed. 

Early in the game when they went for it on fourth down from like the 3 yard line.  They didn't even have Julio Jones on the field!!  Just put him on the field and line him out wide, that alone will attract two defenders.  What are you doing.

I would assume that in the red zone this year, Jimmy Graham for the Packers will never not be on the field, not one single play.

4 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Early in the game when they went for it on fourth down from like the 3 yard line.  They didn't even have Julio Jones on the field!!  Just put him on the field and line him out wide, that alone will attract two defenders.  What are you doing.

I would assume that in the red zone this year, Jimmy Graham for the Packers will never not be on the field, not one single play.

FOR ALL FOUR DOWNS HE WASNT ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!   THAT IS INSANE!!!!!

For the bears, one thing that worried me was how the falcons were pretty effective at negating RPOs by forcing the run each time, which led to some long 3rd downs.

That said, I feel really good about jordan howard running out of shotgun.

The julio jones stuff was funny. Reminded me of how bears used tarik cohen last year, where they only put him on field if they were going to use him, making it easier to figure out (at goalline, julio jones is too good to stop anywhere else)

37 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I'm no football genius, but I personally think you should have your hall of fame WR on the field for red zone situations. 

Hot take!! but seriously Sarkisian is holding that Offense back so much, Freeman getting 6 touches all game when he's averaging 6 YPC is just asinine. 

Edited by TheTruth05

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Sarkisian needs to be fired.   Any OC that forgets about Julio Jones in the red zone doesnt deserve his job

Has he forgotten about him or can he just not figure out how to get him open?  I think I heard a stat that over last season plus week 1, Ryan is 1-21 with 2 interceptions when throwing to Julio Jones in the red zone.  

10 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

For all the hype and excitement with the Mack trade, the Bears are still 7.5-8.5 point dogs Sunday night, that's like the 3rd biggest spread.  

For as great as Mack is, his Raiders defenses have largely been doodo as well. Hard to imagine with such an elite player on the unit. 

24 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Has he forgotten about him or can he just not figure out how to get him open?  I think I heard a stat that over last season plus week 1, Ryan is 1-21 with 2 interceptions when throwing to Julio Jones in the red zone.  

he caught a ton of flak last year for not getting Jones involved in the red zone as well, and it was obvious in Jones numbers last season

23 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

For all the hype and excitement with the Mack trade, the Bears are still 7.5-8.5 point dogs Sunday night, that's like the 3rd biggest spread.  

Aaron Rodgers last 7 games vs. Bears: 21 TD passes, 1 INT

Not trying to rub it in, but that is probably why the Packers are still favored.

Although week 1 in the NFL is usually weird.  So who knows.