Royals-Sox

Heads22

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Is that supposed to be a compliment to him?  

No it's meant as a wry observation.  Hard to just "do your job" when nobody is really doing there job and you're a 23 year old "face of the franchise".  

I'm 100% on the "it's time to stop tanking so fucking hard" bandwagon.  Call up Eloy, call up Kopech, maybe Zevy, and try and fucking show something.  This club is moribund, it's not a good environment.

8 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I love the trying to steal on perez against a pitcher who is tied for the MLB in HR's given up.

That is genius coach/player strategy.

Well, it being Salvador Perez is the dumbest part...Moncada doesn’t even run that much, only his 3rd CS.

Royals’ announcers getting on Covey for “pitching scared” with runners on base.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

No it's meant as a wry observation.  Hard to just "do your job" when nobody is really doing there job and you're a 23 year old "face of the franchise".  

I'm 100% on the "it's time to stop tanking so fucking hard" bandwagon.  Call up Eloy, call up Kopech, maybe Zevy, and try and fucking show something.  This club is moribund, it's not a good environment.

Sure, when Giolito and Covey have more lives than Engel, it’s going to cause frustration for every pitcher in AAA and AA as well.  Obviously, they can only send Lucas down and bring him back up just one more time before they risk a claim, so Hahn would look dumb if he gives up on the most important (well, at least most recognizable to fans) piece in that huge trade for Eaton.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure, when Giolito and Covey have more lives than Engel, it’s going to cause frustration for every pitcher in AAA and AA as well.  Obviously, they can only send Lucas down and bring him back up just one more time before they risk a claim, so Hahn would look dumb if he gives up on the most important (well, at least most recognizable to fans) piece in that huge trade for Eaton.

I think things are going to come to a head with the fanbase and players if they keep these guys down through the rest of the year.  Will it have long term damaging effects?  Probably not, but I think only good things can come from calling a couple guys up that deserve it.  

How many errors have been made trying to turn a double play too quickly by Moncada...leading to a big inning?

16th error.   You’ve got to make those plays.   Seems like at least 6-7 similar situations exactly like what just happened since he came back from the DL.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think things are going to come to a head with the fanbase and players if they keep these guys down through the rest of the year.  Will it have long term damaging effects?  Probably not, but I think only good things can come from calling a couple guys up that deserve it.  

should make Soxfest interesting to say the least....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How many errors have been made trying to turn a double play too quickly by Moncada...leading to a big inning?

16th error.   You’ve got to make those plays.   Seems like at least 6-7 similar situations exactly like what just happened since he came back from the DL.

yeah...I'm to the point when Madrigal is ready it's going to be pretty much "Yoan...sorry dude...take your pick 3B or OF".    I've been a patient and a huge backer of Yoan...but I'm getting pretty sick of his lackadaisical bullshit.

Just now, Wanne said:

yeah...I'm to the point when Madrigal is ready it's going to be pretty much "Yoan...sorry dude...take your pick 3B or OF".    I've been a patient and a huge backer of Yoan...but I'm getting pretty sick of his lackadaisical bullshit.

that wasn't lazy, he just took his eye off the ball.  When it boils down to it, Madrigal gives you the chance to have a special fielder at 2nd and is very unlikely to have the arm strength to change positions.  Yoan is giving you below average defense and should have the arm to play 3rd or CF, etc.