White Sox at Tampa 8.3 game thread

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Omar would have them bunt every other at bat, no thanks

Whatever he’s doing, it seems to be working for Winston Salem.

Somebody needs to come in there who will immediately demand respect and those guys all watched play while growing up.  Who else is better suited to help the defense?  Rusty Kuntz?  Tom Emanski?  Heck, I’ll take the Oregon State Head Coach and their catcher and take my chances.   That was a truly resilient squad.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

His last month has been bad. He gave up at least one run in half of his July outings, looks like August is off to the same type of start.  11 ER in his last 8.2 IP.

Make it 12. 

The reason RR keeps trying to run his SPs out there is because this pen is awful.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

he's clueless, he's not done one thing to deserve to be back next year

I agree that he’s clueless and I definitely don’t want him back, but I fail to see how this move was a bad one. Do you think the shitty bullpen had a better chance of holding the lead than Giolito, who was pitching lights out?

If you’re worried about Giolito’s ERA and confidence, I’m pretty sure this won’t affect him. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago, and Giolito does not seem to be affected. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Whatever he’s doing, it seems to be working for Winston Salem.

Somebody needs to come in there who will immediately demand respect and those guys all watched play while growing up.  Who else is better suited to help the defense?  Rusty Kuntz?  Tom Emanski?  Heck, I’ll take the Oregon State Head Coach and their catcher and take my chances.   That was a truly resilient squad.

You mean like having good players?

• Like 4

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I agree that he’s clueless and I definitely don’t want him back, but I fail to see how this move was a bad one. Do you think the shitty bullpen had a better chance of holding the lead than Giolito, who was pitching lights out?

If you’re worried about Giolito’s ERA and confidence, I’m pretty sure this won’t affect him. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago, and Giolito does not seem to be affected. 

Because basically every Giolito start, we've seen him struggle in what's obviously going to be his last inning.

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Maybe if a guy was allowed to start an inning cleanly? 

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You mean like having good players?

How could things get any worse with Moncada...?  We can’t trade him, but we can change our coaching staff and attempt to find someone else who can get through to him.

Edited by caulfield12