White Sox at Tampa 8.3 game thread

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Probably wasn't prominent in their decisionmaking but I'm glad Danish was able to come in, get the big out, and then get replaced with no chance he blows the game.

Not sure I see them protecting Danish, yet constantly leaving Lopez and Giolitto go to long and spoil good efforts.

56 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Gabe Gross, Cliff Floyd and Zobrist walk offs come to mind.

Linebrink and Koch.

Extra innings win in a dome. Not too common for the Sox. 

3 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Gotta say -- love what the Rays are doing. Such a smart move to have an opener elite RP face off against the top of the order and then switch.

Still makes no sense to me. The best relievers should be used in high leverage situations, not no one on and no one out. It's just lime using a closer in the ninth all the time with no one on and no outs.

12 hours ago, ptatc said:

Still makes no sense to me. The best relievers should be used in high leverage situations, not no one on and no one out. It's just lime using a closer in the ninth all the time with no one on and no outs.

It's not necessarily the 'best' relievers that they are using in the first inning... it's the relievers that are best suited to face off against the opposing teams top of the order. 

It isn't like the Rays are throwing Andrew Miller or Josh Hader out there in the first and wasting that amazing arm... they have a bunch of no name relievers doing all this.