8/26 GT - KOPECH DAY (PART 2)!!

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

He’s gotta learn how to pitch with his weaker end of game stuff. We’re up 4 runs, tigers lineup is bad. Let him try some different sequences and gain experience.

Absolutely. The only way I don't let him out is because he only threw 50 pitches his last game. I still don't like Cooper letting him sacrifice velocity. His spin rate is already elite with high velocity. I hope somebody is in Coop's ear about that since I still believe the game has passed him by.

Edited by SoxAce

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Why Moncada didnt swing at that 92 mph fastball down the middle with the bases loaded ill never know.

Uh, because he's Yoan Moncada and someone taught him that taking pitches is good in and of itself, and not that it's good in that it allows you to find your pitch and KILL it.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

The pitcher had just walked in a bases loaded run on a WP, too, maybe he wanted pitcher to show him he could.

If he swung at that pitch, there would’ve been a lot of “WHY IS HE SWINGING FIRST PITCH AFTER 3 STRAIGHT BALLS?!?!?!” 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Absolutely. The only way I don't let him out is because he only threw 50 pitches his last game. I still don't like Cooper letting him sacrifice velocity. His spin rate is already elite with high velocity. I hope somebody is in Coop's ear about that since I still believe the game has passed him by.

Hes on an innings limit. The last thing you need is a blown out arm over a meaningless game. Kopech did his job today no reason to push it.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic