8/27 GT - Rodon vs Tanaka

56 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I live in NYC and will be at the game tonight.  Hoping Rodon reverses his history vs. Yankees, also home/road splits.  Go Sox!

What do you think of NYS?  I went a couple of times when I was living in NYC, it's better than the old one in that it doesn't smell like piss and it has a nice video board.  Other than that tho it wasn't anything special imo.  I like how you can still see the D train through the outfield gap tho, that was a nice touch.

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

4/5ths of our future rotation is playing and we want to see young guys hit and stick. So I'll be rooting for victories the rest of the way and hoping we can get a good player at pick 7.

Nothing wrong with that, but if the Sox finish strong again, 67-95 or so, you would hope that carries over to 2019. I don’t want to feel like late season randomness cost them three or four spots in the draft. 

37 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What do you think of NYS?  I went a couple of times when I was living in NYC, it's better than the old one in that it doesn't smell like piss and it has a nice video board.  Other than that tho it wasn't anything special imo.  I like how you can still see the D train through the outfield gap tho, that was a nice touch.

Seems like it’s built to be more grand and intimidating than enjoyable.  Top deck is like watching game from observation deck of Empire State Bldg.  Fans are into it though, which is fun.  I actually prefer Citi Field.  Too bad NL is so boring.

44 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Seems like it’s built to be more grand and intimidating than enjoyable.  Top deck is like watching game from observation deck of Empire State Bldg.  Fans are into it though, which is fun.  I actually prefer Citi Field.  Too bad NL is so boring.

Yea it def looks "grand", agree with that.  We used to drive by the construction (and the old stadium) almost every day for work, saw it go up in real time.

Agree with Citi, Citi is a cool stadium.  I like the Jackie Robinson area when you walk in and the views of the city from the upper deck are pretty sweet.

• Thanks 1