Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

10 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Here is something that I have been thinking a lot about lately. 

Serious question: Assuming the offers are the same, why would Harper choose the Phillies over the White Sox? Trying to take my bias out, it seems like signing with the Sox would be a no-brainer. Same money, easier division to compete in, better hitters ballpark, and mire up and coming players.

What am I missing?

You are missing the fact that Chicago is a better city than Philadelphia, and that signing with the Sox gives Harper the opportunity to move to DH later in his career. So really, you didn't miss anything...just two more reasons why it is a no-brainer.

7 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

You are missing the fact that Chicago is a better city than Philadelphia, and that signing with the Sox gives Harper the opportunity to move to DH later in his career. So really, you didn't miss anything...just two more reasons why it is a no-brainer.

Maybe harper don't wanna be DH

The whole nightengale thing is BS definitely put out there by the sox. They're just trying to play Boras's game. From the facebook group (which is reliable the leader of it has broke news before) has said that we are the frontrunners and that we've already offered a contract. White sox Dave (I know some of you guys don't like him for whatever reasons but he does have sources) said on his podcast that we've offered 350 million. Bruce knows we're working hard on harper, so this is all giving me hope.

Edited by whitesoxwinner

7 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

The whole nightengale thing is BS definitely put out there by the sox. They're just trying to play Boras's game. From the facebook group (which is reliable the leader of it has broke news before) has said that we are the frontrunners and that we've already offered a contract. Bruce knows we're working hard on harper, so that also gives me hope

Harper wants the cubs but he don't think cubs will be able make the money work.

Edited by peavy44

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Harper would probably *prefer* the cubs. But he wants whoever will give him the most money. And it looks like we're the favorites to give it to him

If dodgers got in the bidding at $300 million will harper accept $350 million from white sox or take dodgers $300 million $50 million less.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Where there's smoke there's fire, ladies and gentlemen. Where there's smoke there's fire.

I REALLY want to be believe this. And where the Dodgers and Cubs are at only helps us. And honestly the trades both teams have to make, not sure it actually improves their team. 

1 minute ago, peavy44 said:

If dodgers got in the bidding at $300 million will harper accept $350 million from white sox or take dodgers $300 million $50 million less.

The dodgers aren't gonna offer 300 million imo, but even if they did I believe he would take 350 million from the white sox over that deal from the dodgers. 50 million would be a lot of money to leave on the table. Also depends on opt-outs and other stuff

• bmags locked this topic