Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

If Sox land MM would you trade Anderson to Yankees for Andujar? Yankees might need to sweeten things a bit but value seems close.

Are you sure the Yankees would accept that deal?  If they project Anderson as a 3+ WAR guy going forward instead of 1.5-2.5, it makes sense.

But they still have Torres and Gregorious (eventually) that are capable of playing SS as well.   Logically, if they're not going to go with Void/Bird at 1B, they'd move Andujar over there and shore up 3B defensively.

This guys tweets were pretty straightforward until this tweet. Not sure who is sources are but he looks to be a studen manager for UCF so there’s a Florida connection. Sorry for even doing it but it’s become commonplace these days with all the drama and intense attention we all have committed to refreshing and checking Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TedsTroop/status/1074833192484528129

Edited by Frank_Thomas

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

If Sox land MM would you trade Anderson to Yankees for Andujar? Yankees might need to sweeten things a bit but value seems close.

Andujar at 3B & Machado at SS would result in some bad IF defense.  Probably not a good idea when play 81 games at the Rate and should be targeting ground-ball pitchers.

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

That is why we need to trade them while their stocks are up. 

I agree, if you sign both of those guys then trade em while you got them but in my opinion it’s just hard to let go of any of them right now knowing you may need all 7 to find your 2 with our track record

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say this, if we were somehow able to land both of them, we’d be sitting on a ton of prospects and nowhere to play them.  We have seven OF prospects and would maybe have room for three of them if Eloy was moved to 1B.  Madrigal would have to unsurp Moncada or Anderson to get an everyday job.  Seems like we’d have the prospect currency to go out and land a cost-controlled TOR starter (prior to the 2020 season) to anchor an otherwise young rotation.  Not sure who might be available a year from now though.

I don't think the Sox are that well suited to land a top of the rotation starter (at least not one with more than 1 year remaining). Eloy, Kopech, Cease and Robert all seem untouchable for one reason or another. Maybe a bounce back year from Hansen could change the outlook, but right now most of the tradable assets are all outfielders. No team is going to unload a top end starter for three outfielders that all look to be solid, but unspectacular players. 

A Dunning, Basabe, and Rutherford package probably nets you a number 3 starter with a couple years of team control.

1 minute ago, Frank_Thomas said:

This guess tweets were prettt straightforward until this tweet. Not sure who is sources are but he looks to be a studen manager for UCF so there’s a Florida connection. Sorry for even doing it but it’s become commonplace these days with all the drama and intense attention we all have committed to refreshing and checking Twitter.

I’d be willing to give it more thought if it didn’t say we agreed to a 10 year deal with options.  Maybe he meant buy-outs or something, but still a red flag IMO.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

I don't think the Sox are that well suited to land a top of the rotation starter (at least not one with more than 1 year remaining). Eloy, Kopech, Cease and Robert all seem untouchable for one reason or another. Maybe a bounce back year from Hansen could change the outlook, but right now most of the tradable assets are all outfielders. No team is going to unload a top end starter for three outfielders that all look to be solid, but unspectacular players. 

A Dunning, Basabe, and Rutherford package probably nets you a number 3 starter with a couple years of team control.

I’m thinking something like Madrigal, Dunning, & Adolfo would be pretty damn attractive if Micker takes another leap forward next year.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d be willing to give it more thought if it didn’t say we agreed to a 10 year deal with options.  Maybe he meant buy-outs or something, but still a red flag IMO.

Yeah that and it was posted 3 hours ago, idk by now I would imagine someone in the National media would pick up on something like this pretty quickly especially with the meetings being held today....

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m thinking something like Madrigal, Dunning, & Adolfo would be pretty damn attractive if Micker takes another leap forward next year.

Selling off Madrigal before we see his REAL value on the baseball field (but accepting a lesser value because intangibles aren't measure by WAR) seems quite foolish.

He's the kind of player whose style of play will have a positive effect on the rest of his teammates, and that's impossible to measure, but it has a real value to this organization.

The White Sox HAVE to get stronger up the middle (C, middle infield, CF)...we've gone for ages without a REALLY good catcher who was a team leader like a Molina/Posey/Perez, and we've also lacked a really good CFer as well.  Shore up those two positions and get a consistent 3-4 WAR 3B with some pop and at least an average or slightly above average defender and we're golden.

21 minutes ago, Frank_Thomas said:

This guys tweets were pretty straightforward until this tweet. Not sure who is sources are but he looks to be a studen manager for UCF so there’s a Florida connection. Sorry for even doing it but it’s become commonplace these days with all the drama and intense attention we all have committed to refreshing and checking Twitter.

That would be HILARIOUS if it's $325M because that means Olney was technically correct that the Sox won't be breaking any records with a signing. They would be tying it. 😂😂

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Manny will accept a 10 yr/$333M deal tomorrow morning.

Lol siiiiike. That's all I know for now. Maybe I'll find out more tomorrow, we'll see.

[User was almost banned for this post]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

But if that IS the actual contract he potentially signs, will you ever know what to trust again? 

WILL YOU EVER KNOW WHAT IS TRULY REAL!?!?!!?

maeve-dolores.gif

Do me a favor and DM me anything that’s too sensitive for public posting. 👊🏻🤘🏻

• Quin locked this topic