Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I'm not sure what Dave knows, but my source just told me that he was told "Nothing tonight". That quote came directly from Hahn, and then to my source. Not sure if he means nothing Manny related, or nothing in general. Maybe whatever Dave knows needs to be finalized and won't be announced until tomorrow? Maybe that also ties in to the suprises we are supposed to get during SoxFest? 

Hopefully a lot of great things happen this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm not sure what Dave knows, but my source just told me that he was told "Nothing tonight". That quote came directly from Hahn, and then to my source. Not sure if he means nothing Manny related, or nothing in general. Maybe whatever Dave knows needs to be finalized and won't be announced until tomorrow? Maybe that also ties in to the suprises we are supposed to get during SoxFest? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

With all this hints from you and WSD, Ricky's and Yonder's comments today, I feel more and more enthusiastic than ever

Edited by Focurjay
correction
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I will take a Machado signing, Joc trade, and an Eloy long term deal please.

20 minutes ago, shipps said:

It just seems like Renteria and Yonder are very comfortable with publicly talking about Manny right now. That’s weird for a guy that you may not sign. Totally normal for a guy you are sure is going to be on your team however. 

I agree. They're talking about him like he's already on the team. That seems like a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I'm not an expert, but I don't think the restrictions apply to free agents.

They do apply to free agents, but I think they only apply to front offices. It's surprising to hear Ricky talking about it, but as for players, they are walkway talking publicly about wanting to play with a given player. They can say whatever they want.

2 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

They do apply to free agents, but I think they only apply to front offices. It's surprising to hear Ricky talking about it, but as for players, they are walkway talking publicly about wanting to play with a given player. They can say whatever they want.

Hearing Ricky discuss what Machado said about playing a certain position seems like something that would be frowned upon

21 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

I'm pretty sure the only things they can't talk about are whether or not they offered someone a contract and what those contract figures are. That is why all the contract numbers have to be leaks and not Hahn just saying what we are offering on a conference call. 

The other parts of it like talking about players isn't the same as when they are under contract. When they have a contract with a team it could be considered tampering to talk about them, but when they are a free agent there is no team to tamper with, only market rates. 

2 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

I'm pretty sure the only things they can't talk about are whether or not they offered someone a contract and what those contract figures are. That is why all the contract numbers have to be leaks and not Hahn just saying what we are offering on a conference call. 

The other parts of it like talking about players isn't the same as when they are under contract. When they have a contract with a team it could be considered tampering to talk about them, but when they are a free agent there is no team to tamper with, only market rates. 

At the GM meetings MLBN was interviewing the Cardinals' GM. When they asked him about free agents he was looking at, he responded "as you know, I can't comment on specific players."

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It just makes way too much sense. I hope Manny really did say he is open to playing wherever. 

He is literally the perfect fit for this team. The Sox haven't had a good third baseman in so long. And like I said, Manny playing third keeps Anderson at shortstop where he's elite defensively and Moncada at second where his skillset is best utilized. It would be amazing. I'm not sure what it would mean for Madrigal but they can worry about that later.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres