Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

14 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Exactly this^

Announcing the signing of Machado would be met with joy. Another team announcing a deal with him would be a huge blow to the fanbase. 

I still don't see this. Other than all of us idiots on this board, most fans aren't really familiar with the Manny situation. Most other fans I discuss it with pretty much say, "I heard the Sox might get him." 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I still don't see this. Other than all of us idiots on this board, most fans aren't really familiar with the Manny situation. Most other fans I discuss it with pretty much say, "I heard the Sox might get him." 

Yeah it should probably be re-worded to "huge blow to the die-hard fans."

It's all anyone cared about it seemed at soxfest.  It literally led off every piece of news coverage relating to soxfest over the weekend.

Yeah. Machado is not a household name, and unlike the Cubs fans with Harper, we haven't been told by the media that Manny was going to sign here for the last two years. Rabid message boarders will be furious, but most fans will go on with their lives.

Just now, Kiebs13 said:

Im just trying to stir the pot man. I'm going to will this signing into existence.

I meant Gomez is just kinda messing with Sox fans heads at this point, i don't think he knows when Manny will actually sign.  But you're fighting the good fight!

2 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

because Harper is the bigger commodity who is expected to get a bigger contract. he is going to make sure he gets the last contract so that it has the most years and highest AAV.

Harper sets the market. If he does not sign with the Phillies, that gives Machado a chance to bring the price up. the only way he signs before if the offer is too sweet

Just now, fathom said:

He has no reason to troll, it's not like he started the Phillies vs White Sox rumor a month ago just to appease our fan base.

I totally agree. All I'm saying is he has implied he thinks its the sox for a while and today he's had multiple tweets in a row insinuating it's happening.

8 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Yeah. Machado is not a household name, and unlike the Cubs fans with Harper, we haven't been told by the media that Manny was going to sign here for the last two years. Rabid message boarders will be furious, but most fans will go on with their lives.

In what world is Machado not a household name? He is hand down one of the best 10 players in MLB.  

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres