GameThread: White Sox (Nova) @ Indians (Clevinger)

Kyyle23

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Clevinger is having an awesome game. He is a very good pitcher having great stuff. I don't understand the anger and panic in this thread.

Yeah, just tip your cap. Cleveland's bullpen is shitty. Hope Nova can keep them at bay until they pull Clevinger. 

Nice field job with the shift by the Sox. I can't believe the shift isn't against baseball's unwritten rulebook. How can big leaguers agree to shift when it is SOOOO embarrassing when a player hits into the shift. It's so "selfish."

Imagine this. You take your eight year old kid to the game. A lefty is up. there is one guy standing at the traditional SS position, three guys on the right side of the infield, one in short right field. All you have to do is plop the ball on the left side anywhere for a hit.

Q: "Daddy, in Little League you tell me to look at the defense and hit it where they are not standing. Why does (fill in the blank) so and so not just hit it where the third baseman should be? He'd get a hit every time?" Uh son ... it's just the way it is. Big leaguers do what they want to do. They don't try to get on base for the team even though it'd be so easy to bunt it to third."

Just now, JoshPR said:

Jason is at chip Carey level right now

You could see it coming.  He still hasn't  learned the fundamentals of the game he's watching on a daily basis and his asides keep growing.  By July we'll be lucky if he spends a minute each inning talking about the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk what you're talking about. Benetti is a good announcer. A massive upgrade over old Hawk. 

He's competent, but not that great. At least Hawk was great in his prime (1990s). I'd rather listen to Farmer do PBP.

Edited by Black_Jack29
  • Like 1