4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

What an embarrassing 3-4-5 sequence right there. I'd show emotion about it, but the SoxTalk police might give me a talking to. Whatever. These pitiful fucks make me excited for the damn conference call I gotta participate in right now. Adios!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sockin said:

This is the kind of thinking that will keep the game in the 70s and the popularity dropping. Times have changed, players need to show emotion. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The NHL has this problem as well. 

Part of the reason the NBA is so popular is because players can talk shit, have feuds, etc. It straddles the line between an actual sport and the WWE. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

F*ck this noise. He is not hot dogging at all. He is playing the game with emotion, period. Theres nothing wrong with how Tim handles himself. 

Relax dude.... Your act is getting tiresome

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

This is the kind of thinking that will keep the game in the 70s and the popularity dropping. Times have changed, players need to show emotion. 

Dude emotion is one thing. Hot dogging is something else

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

F*ck this noise. He is not hot dogging at all. He is playing the game with emotion, period. Theres nothing wrong with how Tim handles himself. 

People are going to love or hate Tim's antics. There's no in between. Reminds me when fans hated Carlos Gomez for the same stuff. 

Just now, Sockin said:

Exactly. There is no "right way" to play baseball, and fetishizing Victorian ideals of masculinity in a sport in 2019 is going to do nothing but decrease its popularity 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So let me get this straight.  We had the following things happen and did not score a single fucking run:

1. Leury walks on five pitches
  2. Palka gets his first hit of the season
  3. A wild pitch advances the runners to 2nd & 3rd
  4. Abreu starts his at-bat 3-0

Yep pretty much

No Sox fan should overly surprised.

Their approach in situations like this is piss poor. They're into high testosterone hero ball. 

Homer or bust.

Two ground ball OUTS to right side and they have the lead.   

When they start doing that is when this team turns the corner. It may just be those type of difference makers just ain't on this team yet.

And with this owner I wonder if they'll ever be.

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

People are going to love or hate Tim's antics. There's no in between. Reminds me when fans hated Carlos Gomez for the same stuff. 

The only thing I remember about Carlos Gomez is he would always swing as hard as he could, and on a whiff you could safely bet the over that he would do a 360 spin and his helmet would fly off his head.

Edited by Scoots

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, Giolito looked awesome, Timmy hit a bomb, and Yoan continued to look good at the plate.  Wasn’t all bad before they all left abruptly.

The fact they all looked great and left abruptly is why this is a fucking disaster. Honestly a concussion is one of the worst things that could've happened to Moncada. That is the biggest disaster out of this game. At least Anderson isn't injured. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1