May 27 Sox-Royals 1:10 PM GRF

pcq

15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Nova’s 6.96 ERA and 1.77 WHIP strike fear into opposing teams.

I have no idea how they thought adding him was a good idea.  Honesty, I could care less about the money we’re wasting on him, the bigger concern is our brain trust somehow thought adding a guy who doesn’t strike anyone out was a good fit for the Trackman / juiced ball era of baseball.  It simply doesn’t invoke a lot of trust in our key decision makers.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ricky must have begged the White Sox for Alonso. There really is no other reason he is batting 4th at this stage than the manager trying to save face.

At what point do they cut him loose?  Hahn can say whatever he wants but we all know why he signed Alonso and Jay and they have been utter failures.  Cut them both.  Their $13 million is already a sunk cost.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have no idea how they thought adding him was a good idea.  Honesty, I could care less about the money we’re wasting on him, the bigger concern is our brain trust somehow thought adding a guy who doesn’t strike anyone out was a good fit for the Trackman / juiced ball era of baseball.  It simply doesn’t invoke a lot of trust in our key decision makers.

I am no fan of Nova and his slower than slow pitching style.  In fairness, however, they got him to give them innings.  He does take the mound every fifth day and about 40% of the time gives them an OK game.  He won't be part of things when the games count so I try to live with it.

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Why is Tilson batting 6th, the 6the hitter usually has decent power. I'd line em up like this:

1)Tilson

2)Moncada

3)Abreu

4)Alonso

5)Jiminez

6)McCann

7) Cordell

8)Rondon

9)Sanchez

Especially since Yoan has said he doesn’t like leading off

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Alonso so brutal

I thought Alonso would be able to handle lefties this year and would do well with 600 plus at bats.After watching him this season he should only be playing vs. righties(and he can barely hit them right now.) Let Eloy or McCann DH vs lefties at this point.

15 minutes ago, pcq said:

Bill Buckner condolences top class. 

Just heard Garfien’s autograph story. We have the exact same story, only a different mall. Billy must have been on the mall tour back then.