5/29 Sox vs Royals

DirtySox

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

After a 3-8 start to the season following series against KC, Cleveland, Seattle, and Tampa, the Sox are about to move to 23-21 over their past 44 games. I’d say they’ve turned a corner... And they’ve done this with essentially 1 good starting pitcher. Imagine if they had 1 or 2 more of those 😁

yea they have quietly been playing decent baseball for about a month now.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

After a 3-8 start to the season following series against KC, Cleveland, Seattle, and Tampa, the Sox are about to move to 23-21 over their past 44 games. I’d say they’ve turned a corner... And they’ve done this with essentially 1 good starting pitcher. Imagine if they had 1 or 2 more of those 😁

I think your on to something.

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Rey's change nasty when he can stay on top of it. When he gets under it, it floats and gets crushed. 

This is true for both his change and slider, actually. He has times and games where they both flash plus but his consistency is bad. Last September he was good. This year he's having trouble with his offspeed stuff. He has the makings of an offspeed repertoire but he isn't quite there yet. I'd like him to add a splitter to the fastball/slider/change mix and use it on nights where the change isn't working. He absolutely has to refine the slider though. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is true for both his change and slider, actually. He has times and games where they both flash plus but his consistency is bad. Last September he was good. This year he's having trouble with his offspeed stuff. He has the makings of an offspeed repertoire but he isn't quite there yet. I'd like him to add a splitter to the fastball/slider/change mix and use it on nights where the change isn't working. He absolutely has to refine the slider though. 

He’s getting under almost every slider he throws right now

• bmags unpinned this topic