Sox vs Indians (5/31, 7:10 pm)

SoxAce

19 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Or we could consider a three year offer to Keuchel & call up Cease.

I don't want them to blow their wad on him. I'd rather go after Cole or Bumgarner this offseason. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't want them to blow their wad on him. I'd rather go after Cole or Bumgarner this offseason. 

I know.  Just saying there are things you can do without trading anyone.  Two starters of that caliber would really propel the rebuild.

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I know.  Just saying there are things you can do without trading anyone.  Two starters of that caliber would really propel the rebuild.

If it were up to me, I'd non-tender Rodon and use the savings to add Bumgarner and Wheeler. 

Depending on what happens Monday, my offseason would be:

Bumgarner 

Wheeler

Ozuna 

And either Grandal or some pen arms, pending whether or not the Orioles outsmart themselves. 

They could probably get those 3 guys for what they would have spent on Machado. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not ready to give up on this season yet.  Injuries on Minnesota and acquire a few decent pitchers and things change in  a heartbeat.  This is May 31st.

Just now, Heads22 said:

I was obviously being facetious on the Stroman comment for the moment, but its kind of nice to not be cheering for tanking at the moment

Yeah, we're entering phase 2 of the rebuild now , which is supplementing the core. I wish we knew more about Kopech, but I'm fairly confident that he's going to be fine 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If it were up to me, I'd non-tender Rodon and use the savings to add Bumgarner and Wheeler. 

Depending on what happens Monday, my offseason would be:

Bumgarner 

Wheeler

Ozuna 

And either Grandal or some pen arms.  

They could probably get those 3 guys for what they would have spent on Machado. 

The offseason will depend on what the Sox do with Abreu & Colome.  If they trade them...we've given up on 2019.  If instead they pickup someone like Keuchel and promote Cease they are making a run now.  In any event...if things go the offseason route I like some of your ideas.  I'm a big fan of McCann so not so much into the idea of Grandal and his cost.  We already have a good pen and Gio when he is joined by Kopech, Cease & Lopez is certainly way better than today.  My outside the organization additions would be pitching-pitching & more pitching.

6 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I was obviously being facetious on the Stroman comment for the moment, but its kind of nice to not be cheering for tanking at the moment

IMO you are in a better position to win and have players with trade potential rather than hope a draft choice pans out in 3 or 4 years.  I want more instant gratification since we've waited long enough.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, we're entering phase 2 of the rebuild now , which is supplementing the core. I wish we knew more about Kopech, but I'm fairly confident that he's going to be fine 

He's a beast.  That's one guy I would bet on bouncing back to full strength.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The offseason will depend on what the Sox do with Abreu & Colome.  If they trade them...we've given up on 2019.  If instead they pickup someone like Keuchel and promote Cease they are making a run now.  In any event...if things go the offseason route I like some of your ideas.  I'm a big fan of McCann so not so much into the idea of Grandal and his cost.  We already have a good pen and Gio when he is joined by Kopech, Cease & Lopez is certainly way better than today.  My outside the organization additions would be pitching-pitching & more pitching.

I'd like to add an OF so that Basabe or any OF that develops becomes a trade chip. I'd like to add 2 arms in case Lopez doesn't pan out, so then Dunning or another pitcher can take his spot.