Sox & Tribe, 6/2/19, Gio & Plesac

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Trade him in July, he is on wrong side of 30 for a rebuilding team.

Jay Bruce got traded today for a bag of balls with the Mariners having the privilege to eat most of his salary.  I wouldn't get my hopes up what a return would look like.

19 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Jose Abreu last 30 games. .200/.221/.478

I don't know where the calls for an extension are coming from recently.

He's been absolutely awful. Right when the Sox start making noise, the dude craps the bed. I guarantee once they are mathematically eliminated he will produce. No pressure then. The guy is a bum when it matters. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He's been absolutely awful. Right when the Sox start making noise, the dude craps the bed. I guarantee once they are mathematically eliminated he will produce. No pressure then. The guy is a bum when it matters. 

Lmao.

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Ron's bashing Abreu again. Everyone, time to add him back to your fantasy teams. Hot streak here we come!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If before the season, someone had told you that on June 2nd Gio would be leading the majors in wins and Chris Sale would be leading the majors in losses you would have thought they got in to the Kool-aid. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

If before the season, someone had told you that on June 2nd Gio would be leading the majors in wins and Chris Sale would be leading the majors in losses you would have thought they got in to the Kool-aid. 

I didnt mean the laugh as your post was ridiculous, I meant it as it's funny 

13 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Also re: Abreu- his 2019 BABIP is .268, 60+ points below his career average. 

at least PRETEND you’ve done some research, ron

BABIP alone doesn't tell the story. Don't come at me until you check up on the quality of his contact. 

16 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Abreu will be fine 

His strikes out at a 25% clip, and while he was one of the best fastball hitters early in his career he is just average now. He looks like a guy whose career is nearing its end.

Edited by GermanSoxFan