Jimmy Lambert TJS

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Okay, I am at a point where I am willing to admit they may be doing something wrong. This can't all be bad luck.

Of course something is wrong. They can’t get the pitchers to stay healthy or be effective. Big changes need to be made.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mqr said:

Okay, I am at a point where I am willing to admit they may be doing something wrong. This can't all be bad luck.

I’ve been throwing this out there for a while, but we’ve passed the point of it all simply being bad luck.  Rodon, Kopech, Dunning, Lambert, Burr, & Puckett all with TJS in less than a year.  Other guys like Burdi, Flores, Tyler Johnson, etc. missing substantial time due to miscellaneous injuries.  Basically every single key arm expect Giolito, Lopez, & Cease has been hurt this year and two of those guys are already TJSs under their belt.  

This is a fucking disaster, especially from a 40 man roster perspective.  Not sure how you can hold onto all these guys.  It also makes it harder to trade Colome given the uncertainty of our most important young relief prospects.

• Like 1

Best guess is they have done something to reduce the workload of the pitchers that has had the ironic effect of increasing their risk by leaving their arms untrained. Was an article in The Athletic about the Rangers having attempted a program for draftees in which they really scaled back their in-game workloads at first and they had an alarmingly high TJS rate with them. The Rangers were using some Driveline training programs as well FWIW but separating cause and effect is difficult with these things (and there are some claims that players may not have been doing the Driveline program correctly)

One thing I always thought odd. In Little League, high school and college, they pitch kids til the game is over. 140,  150, 160 pitches in college. Coaches don't care.

Then in the pros fans and everybody start getting worried at 92 pitches; time to get somebody up to get the pitcher outta there soon. Weird how they are brought up throwing zillions of pitches then in the bigs and minors they get babied.

It has reached beyond the law of averages in my opinion. SOMETHING is wrong, something is being missed or not done and it is having an impact.

They need to do a complete thorough examination of everything from the doctors to the trainers to the physical therapists to the off season conditioning program to nutrition, the entire gamut and especially in my opinion the staffs at the minor league affiliates including the manager and coaches. 

If someone on the staff is offended by doing this I quote the great philosopher Ozzie Guillen, "F*** feelings, it's about winning."

On 6/28/2019 at 4:39 PM, fathom said:

Of course something is wrong. They can’t get the pitchers to stay healthy or be effective. Big changes need to be made.

It was stated again today. Guys building up their muscles but the ligaments do not get built up and cannot carry the load. No way to know if vitamins are making it worse. Coop is right about not using all velocity.