GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean, it's true.  You can argue it has nothing to do with pressure or lack of but it's true.  When the Sox are long out of the playoff hunt Jose turns it up.  Is there something more there than he likes the hotter weather?  Probably not, but it's interesting.

They've been out of the hunt every year since he came over essentially. It's too hard to judge whether he's good "when it matters." His GW HR vs Boston was a pressure moment and he capitalized. As far as I'm concerned he's a good hitter and poor defender but he definitely has a place on this team. 

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I though Jon Jay was faster

He is, he just decided to run like a bag of dicks. Give me four million dollars and I'd run myself to death. But Jon Jay can barely run 90 damn feet. I'm over the Manny Machado crew. These guys suck.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

They've been out of the hunt every year since he came over essentially. It's too hard to judge whether he's good "when it matters." His GW HR vs Boston was a pressure moment and he capitalized. As far as I'm concerned he's a good hitter and poor defender but he definitely has a place on this team. 

^^

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't think they are gonna trade him. If anything I bet they extend him 2-3 years.

I agree..I am pretty sure he will be here when Robert gets called up.