GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

1 minute ago, mqr said:

You would have quite the squad with the talent the cubs have traded away

They did an absolutely horrid job of self scouting. The guys they kept should have been traded and vice versa. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

rickie is in love with the squeeze play like nobody I've seen.  It's a smart play in the late innings when you need a run.  You should never be trying it before the 8th inning.

When did he do this today?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

rickie is in love with the squeeze play like nobody I've seen.  It's a smart play in the late innings when you need a run.  You should never be trying it before the 8th inning.

My bad, I didn’t read your post as trying to pull off a “squeeze”.  Unfortunately I’ve been a bit over-served at this point.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea but the candy man isn't it.  he came in with a 59 OPS+.  LOL, that's Engel territory.

The book on Candelario was that he was a bat first player who would have trouble staying at third. Now his defense his keeping him in the league. 

Kinda like Flowers.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

huh?  everybody knew the guys they traded away were studs at the time they were traded.  they did a horrible job signing FAs that's been their main problem.

They could have got Chapman for Schwarber and Verlander wanted to go there. They didn't have to trade Jimenez, Torres and Cease and they did anyway.