soxfan49

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, bmags said:

James Beard homer number 2

So j guess this didn’t happen?

Weird but the box score changed a lot from the game day box last night. Looks like the homer was Diaz and Rodriguez had a hit taken away at one point.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

So j guess this didn’t happen?

Weird but the box score changed a lot from the game day box last night. Looks like the homer was Diaz and Rodriguez had a hit taken away at one point.

Yeah it was being very weird and lagging all last night, so I guess this may explain why since it didn't seem like the person operating it had a clue what they were doing. 

11 hours ago, hi8is said:

Some ELITE bat control and contact there

we’re gonna give teams fits for years with him

What would you guess Madrigal's BABIP will be, when he gets to the Big Leagues? Whatever it is, that will pretty much be his batting average, because there probably won't be enough strike outs to significantly impact that BABIP. Wow, is that refreshing.

Edited by Lillian

21 minutes ago, Lillian said:

What would you guess Madrigal's BABIP will be, when he gets to the Big Leagues? Whatever it is, that will pretty much be his batting average, because there probably won't be enough strike outs to significantly impact that BABIP. Wow, is that refreshing.

Strikeouts are not "balls in play" so they have no effect on BABIP.

35 minutes ago, default said:

Strikeouts are not "balls in play" so they have no effect on BABIP.

I misspoke. I meant to say his "average," not his "BABIP". The point that I was trying to make was, that since there are virtually no other at bats to consider, other than walks, his BABIP will translate very closely to his batting average, because he doesn't make many outs, via the strike out.

Edited by Lillian

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

I misspoke. I meant to say his "average," not his "BABIP". The point that I was trying to make was, that since there are virtually no other at bats to consider, other than walks, his BABIP will translate very closely to his batting average, because he doesn't make many outs, via the strike out.

He theoretically could have a higher batting average than BABIP if he hits enough bombs.  Incredibly unlikely but technically possible given how little he’ll likely strike out.