8/2 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Didn’t he really struggle with fastballs down the stretch?  Just remember seeing that from Yankees fans.

I think he might have, but I also think he was hurt.  Don’t get me wrong, he could suddenly fall off like many free agents do here, but I don’t there is strong evidence to suggest that will happen this year based on his 2019 numbers.

Signing Abreu to a longer-term deal really limited our flexibility to move Jimenez there.   That's the worst part of that deal, not being able to DH him more often...and also blocking Vaughn, obviously.

I know, I know "team leader/clubhouse chemistry."

Last ball that Soler hit at Robert was 111 exit velo.    

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, wegner said:

That Swiss league is tough and they really value defense so not sure that would work out.

I wish this was like the Show 19 where you can't play the game with an incorrect lineup spot. Whenever Ricky puts Nicky in, there should be a message stating the game can not continue until a change in the lineup is made. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let Cease have the opportunity to pitch out of this.

We'll see if it works out.

Winning >>> Development, at least at this point.   Or equivalent factors.

That said, the bullpen has really been taxed so far this series.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Signing Abreu to a longer-term deal really limited our flexibility to move Jimenez there.   That's the worst part of that deal, not being able to DH him more often...and also blocking Vaughn, obviously.

I know, I know "team leader/clubhouse chemistry."

Last ball that Soler hit at Robert was 111 exit velo.    

I'm not saying that the Moncada/Robert extensions happened  because of Abreu's contract but it played a part imho.