8/2 Sox vs Royals GT

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

Going after EE and not Castellanos was so dumb 

Well, on the plus side, we have 2 of the 4 leading MLB RBI guys since 2014 in EE and Abreu???

That said, Castellanos was really on a tear for most of last season, and seems to have extended it.   Guess they're saving their money for Joc/Springer, haha.    Does anyone have an update on Mazara, btw?

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I like Castellanos a lot. Always have. But Edwin will be fine and put up another .850ish OPS

He's always started slow. He's gonna have to start heating up soon if he wants a .850 OPS this year.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who do we hate today, Delmonico?

Can't be Madrigal so far.

That 2-0 pitch to Abreu was out of the zone low, really changed that at-bat, then somehow swung through a hanging slider that he obviously wasn't expecting there.

We'll take 2-1, eventually they'll get that key hit with RISP.

Abreu

Just now, Tony said:

Disagree. If the contracts were the same, fine....but given EE is on a one year deal and the Reds are paying Nick 20 million three years from now.....I’m fine with the decision. Use that money on arms. 

This is you being fathom.

You know I was on the Castellanos bandwagon for over a year. He’s someone that’s coming into his peak years, while EE is on the downfall. We’ve all seen how downfall of their career guys do here.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Going after EE and not Castellanos was so dumb 

We've got Vaughn ready next year, Abreu under contract and Collins + Yermin waiting. Castellanos has no spot, unless you want him in the OF (no thanks)

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You know I was on the Castellanos bandwagon for over a year. He’s someone that’s coming into his peak years, while EE is on the downfall. We’ve all seen how downfall of their career guys do here.

EE was excellent last year with the bat, so a bit premature to say he’s on the downfall.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

EE was excellent last year with the bat, so a bit premature to say he’s on the downfall.

Didn’t he really struggle with fastballs down the stretch?  Just remember seeing that from Yankees fans.