Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds

southsider2k5

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

They won't be decimated come playoff time. Since there is no real HFA they feel it is no point in caring about seeding. 

They just have an injury prone team.  Judge, Hicks, Andujar, Stanton and so on and on.  I'd expect them to struggle with injuries all year.  There are also some rumblings their offseason training program, that they revamped, still is way behind the times and is focusing too much on gym power and not athletic performance and injury prevention.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They just have an injury prone team.  Judge, Hicks, Andujar, Stanton and so on and on.  I'd expect them to struggle with injuries all year.  There are also some rumblings their offseason training program, that they revamped, still is way behind the times and is focusing too much on gym power and not athletic performance and injury prevention.

I think the Yankees would be wise to let Judge walk when the opportunity arises. 

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You could make a convincing argument that he has been one of our most valuable pitchers, especially if you take Giolito out of the list and just give him first.

Matt Foster is actually tied for third (with Evan Marshall) most fWAR among White Sox pitchers, with 0.5 to Keuchel's 1.1 and Giolito's 1.6

Free bonus fact: Dane Dunning, after only 2 starts, is already next up, tied with Colome for 5th at 0.4

Free bonus fact 2: Dylan Cease actually has a better ERA than Giolito right now (3.00 vs 3.14) and more wins (4 vs 3), which tells you everything you need to know about only judging pitchers based on wins and ERA

Edited by gusguyman

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tigers play the Twins for 5 games this weekend.  Either way, hopefully one team wins 4 or 5 of the games.  If Sox struggle this weekend and Tigers win 3 of 5, it starts to get a little dicey.

If the Sox starting rotation doesn’t spontaneously combust, I have no concern with them finishing worse than 34-26.

20 hours ago, gusguyman said:

Free bonus fact 2: Dylan Cease actually has a better ERA than Giolito right now (3.00 vs 3.14) and more wins (4 vs 3), which tells you everything you need to know about only judging pitchers based on wins and ERA

Cease has given up 2 or fewer earned runs in his last 6 starts (which is every start other than his first of the year).  His command has been bad at times, and he certainly has things to work on, but he's been pretty solid this year. Giolito, meanwhile, has put us in a big hole in 3 of his 8 starts.  I'm not trying to argue that Cease is better or more valuable than Giolito, but it's not like wins and ERA are misrepresenting their seasons that much. In fact, I'd say wins and ERA are painting a pretty accurate picture in this case.

2 hours ago, flavum said:

If the Sox starting rotation doesn’t spontaneously combust, I have no concern with them finishing worse than 34-26.

Yup. The Sox could literally go 5-19 the rest of the way and would still probably make the playoffs.

Edited by Jose Abreu