8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox

Just now, KipWellsFan said:

Mazara has just over 30 at-bats... with a wonky pre-season.  Also his OBP is actually above his career OBP right now. So if he's struggling but still managing to get on base somehow I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. The guy's not exactly an all-star to begin with.

That being said... not good against lefties.

I like to think he’s playing out of necessity tonight

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

I like to think he’s playing out of necessity tonight

Honestly they should see if McCann can play a little RF against LHP when Grandal is able to play. I doubt he’d be awful. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was hoping it would carry out.  Pretty sad we had a HR, two singles, and a BB and only managed to squeeze out one there.

Eloy swung at a bad pitch. He would have been better striking out. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Anyone notice how quiet Stone was after Jason talked about what Ricky's reasoning was for not DHing McCann more?

Lol...can you blame him?  Just say you want to get Edwin consistent playing time.  Not that hard to come up with some reason that isn’t completely stupid, but alas Ricky gonna Rick.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol at Ricky for saying the reason McCann isn’t DHing more is to keep him fresh.  If the backup batter can’t swing the bat five times every couple of days and be ready for his two starts a week behind the plate then we need a different backup.

Its the dumbest coup out answer too.  There’s enough ABs to give both plenty but give both plenty of rest from catching.  

• Love 1