8-20 GT: Tigers @ Sox (1:10pm)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I can see him getting 4/60 from the team that loses the Realmuto sweepstakes. But who knows how Covid will influence the market.

I would be stunned if McCann gets more than 2 years

5 minutes ago, tray said:

McCann looks like he is our best catcher, not a back-up.

McCann has been excellent, but Grandal is a fine addition. I'll enjoy both hopefully then if we lose McCann, so be it. Collins still is a prospect that passes the eye test, granted nothing else so far. But it's possible he's good, too.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

That seems about right. And he might take that over a QO, but I don’t think that idea is so insane if the Sox really valued him but wanted to keep flexibility long term. 

Maybe if they axe EE after this season, but I don't see the incentive for McCann to sign a similar deal here when he could be #1 somewhere else and NOT hurt his future career earnings.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Maybe if they axe EE after this season, but I don't see the incentive for McCann to sign a similar deal here when he could be #1 somewhere else and hurt his future career earnings.

He is 30 sears old, this will be his only big contract, in relative terms, he will ever sign.

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I can see him getting 4/60 from the team that loses the Realmuto sweepstakes. But who knows how Covid will influence the market.

He gets 2-3 years at 8-10/yr tops and that is being generous. 

DeficientSardonicGosling-small.gif

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Maybe if they axe EE after this season, but I don't see the incentive for McCann to sign a similar deal here when he could be #1 somewhere else and NOT hurt his future career earnings.

EE could hit 20 homers and I don’t think he would be back next year. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I thought EE only got 1 year. Damn

• Tony unpinned this topic