8-20 GT: Tigers @ Sox (1:10pm)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

He is 30 sears old, this will be his only big contract, in relative terms, he will ever sign.

He has to be thinking if he signs a 2 or 3 year deal that he will want to be starting during that deal so he has chance at a better deal at 32 or 33.  The Sox aren't going to be able to offer him more than 100 games a season tops, because Grandal will be here that entire deal.  The Sox aren't about to start their back up catcher at DH 80-100 times a year.

Sox would get nothing for McCann. He is showing this year that he is as good or better than Grandal . It would be foolish to give away an All Star level player for Collins who is under the Mendoza line after 100 major league at-bats.  Oh, he had one hit and a passed ball yesterday.  Take the rose colored glasses off. He isn't Fisk.

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

EE won't be coming back. Yermin/Collins/Abreu with be the DH/1B tandem until Vaughn is called up.

I don't think there's anything EE or Cishek for that matter could do to get their options picked up once the season got delayed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

EE won't be coming back. Yermin/Collins/Abreu with be the DH/1B tandem until Vaughn is called up.

If EE finishes this season strong I think he comes back. He got the team option as insurance for the Sox. If Vaughn isn't coming until July he is staying. Next year is year one of WS contention for our front office, i doubt they rely on Yermin or Collins to be an everyday DH until July. 

Just now, mqr said:

I don't think there's anything EE or Cishek for that matter could do to get their options picked up once the season got delayed. 

I could see Cishek coming back if he wasn't god awful, and if the Sox didn't have a great looking bullpen. Cishek is so bad i can see him getting DFA'd during this season.

• Tony unpinned this topic