Cabrera

The Beast

Just when I thought you were starting to turn the corner, two dumb threads in one night...

:bang  :bang  :bang

Yeah I wasn't thinking...lets just say I've been drinking pop all night...and there is a parrot on my shoulder telling me that I've been drinking too much

Maybe for Maggs....yeah, I know to some it sounds ridiculous, but we would save 14 mill, and I'd LOVE to have a stud in the OF that is so young, with playoff experience!!! It would also mean maybe we could actually keep alot of the rest of the team.

Okkkkk... thats eneugh of that talk! 

trade him for lee?  :lol:  :lol:

Elcaballo just had his breakout season, and has mad upside potential, not that cabrera doenst, but come on...

Right about that!!! Can every CLee hater get OFF the crack and see that he has been an immensely improved player all around???

Carlos Lee IS the man!

The kid was a SS at the start of the season, moved to third to replace Lowell when he was going to be traded, moved to left, back to third and then at the start of this series to right. He showed something that nobody on the Sox has, pure baseball skills. The guy never player rightfield, EVER, and the play in the gap and the diving catch were great. On the ball he hit to first last evening he was looking over his shoulder to make sure the run scored which was his only intent. He is 20 and accomplished more then Lee or Ordonez. He got a huge hit in a huge game and played awesome defense. The Marlins would chuckle at each of these players. Not to mention he is making no money at all. Juan Encarnacion had a good year and is an excellent defensive palyer and he was never seen in this series because of Cabrera.

The kid was a SS at the start of the season, moved to third to replace Lowell when he was going to be traded, moved to left, back to third and then at the start of this series to right.  He showed something that nobody on the Sox has, pure baseball skills.  The guy never player rightfield, EVER, and the play in the gap and the diving catch were great.  On the ball he hit to first last evening he was looking over his shoulder to make sure the run scored which was his only intent.  He is 20 and accomplished more then Lee or Ordonez.  He got a huge hit in a huge game and played awesome defense.  The Marlins would chuckle at each of these players.  Not to mention he is making no money at all.  Juan Encarnacion had a good year and is an excellent defensive palyer and he was never seen in this series because of Cabrera.

Cabrera might DH, so there's a chance Encarnacion will get some PT.

The kid was a SS at the start of the season, moved to third to replace Lowell when he was going to be traded, moved to left, back to third and then at the start of this series to right.  He showed something that nobody on the Sox has, pure baseball skills.  The guy never player rightfield, EVER, and the play in the gap and the diving catch were great.  On the ball he hit to first last evening he was looking over his shoulder to make sure the run scored which was his only intent.  He is 20 and accomplished more then Lee or Ordonez.  He got a huge hit in a huge game and played awesome defense.  The Marlins would chuckle at each of these players.  Not to mention he is making no money at all.  Juan Encarnacion had a good year and is an excellent defensive palyer and he was never seen in this series because of Cabrera.

Well said. I agree 150% if I could agree that much. :notworthy

Wasn't Cabrera their third base prospect, and Lowell was going to get traded so they could get him playtime? I don't remember him being a shortstop.

By the way, Conine or Lowell will DH, Cabrera will play LF when Conine DH's, and 3B when Lowell DH's. I think it will be Conine DHing.

Wasn't Cabrera their third base prospect, and Lowell was going to get traded so they could get him playtime? I don't remember him being a shortstop.

By the way, Conine or Lowell will DH, Cabrera will play LF when Conine DH's, and 3B when Lowell DH's. I think it will be Conine DHing.

He played SS last year. He was moved to 3B before this season, so yes you are correct that he was the reason they were thinking of trading Mike Lowell.

He played SS last year. He was moved to 3B before this season, so yes you are correct that he was the reason they were thinking of trading Mike Lowell.

Cause it was brought up ealier that he was moved to 3B when they were going to trade Lowell.

Cause it was brought up ealier that he was moved to 3B when they were going to trade Lowell.

You know, I really want to get something for Lee. We need speed on the basepaths...plus guys who can play small ball so I want someone decent...so i said, Cabrera...not to mention the FA Castillo

You know, I really want to get something for Lee. We need speed on the basepaths...plus guys who can play small ball so I want someone decent...so i said, Cabrera...not to mention the FA Castillo

You want to get more team speed, so you'll trade the guy who led the team in stolen bases? That makes a lot of sense.

How about if you want more speed, you get rid of Maggs and Thomas/Konerko, and not Lee, who led the team in stolen bases.

You want to get more team speed, so you'll trade the guy who led the team in stolen bases? That makes a lot of sense.

How about if you want more speed, you get rid of Maggs and Thomas/Konerko, and not Lee, who led the team in stolen bases.

That shuts me up.

You want to get more team speed, so you'll trade the guy who led the team in stolen bases?  That makes a lot of sense.

I agree with you. I have no problem with two slower guys in the lineup, but I would like to have atleast one or two very fast guys. Lee showed this year he should stay, I would be all for Thomas leaving, and Lee or Everett (assuming we resign him) to DH. We need a true leadoff hitter, I would rather see Alomar in the two hole, if we resign him.

You want to get more team speed, so you'll trade the guy who led the team in stolen bases?  That makes a lot of sense.

I agree with you. I have no problem with two slower guys in the lineup, but I would like to have atleast one or two very fast guys. Lee showed this year he should stay, I would be all for Thomas leaving, and Lee or Everett (assuming we resign him) to DH. We need a true leadoff hitter, I would rather see Alomar in the two hole, if we resign him.

If you want a great example of that, look at Florida. If they could have the best case scenario play out them every time, that's what their lineup would look like. They have Pierre and Castillo lead off, both with an incredible amount of speed, and then you have IRod, who has decent speed, Cabrera, who has good but not great speed, Lee, who does have great speed, but then, in their best lineup possible, I believe it is Lowell, who is a turtle and Conine, who is also a turtle. They then have Gonzalez, who's pretty quick, and then the pitcher, who hardly ever runs hard.

I can handle two slow guys and a few guys who run well but not necessarily great. I would love nothing more then to have 2 speed demons.

Okkkkk... thats eneugh of that talk! 

trade him for lee?  :lol:  :lol:

Elcaballo just had his breakout season, and has mad upside potential, not that cabrera doenst, but come on...

If Cabrera stays healthy, he will be 10 times the player C Lee currently is at the same point in careers.