La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

15 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Ozzie Guillen or Sandy Alomar, Jr as manager and Justin Jirschele as bench coach sounds really good right about now.

Alcoholism is a tough illness to battle but the White Sox had to get in front of this. Now they just look so White Sox.

You think alcoholism is serious and you want to hire Ozzie fucking Guillen? Ozzie has been drunk af since 92. Have you ever looked at the guy and seen the way he's acted? He's like the quintessential drunk. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Looks like the one report was "someone called the police" and the other was he was on the side of the road. Cant find the tweet about him calling so likely made up.

Here's some official version:

La Russa told the officer, who had detected a "light odor of alcoholic beverage," that he had been at a dinner with friends from the Los Angeles Angels, for whom he was working as a special advisor. La Russa was stopped near the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and he told the officer he had hit something and had a tire blow out, according to the affidavit. After a field sobriety test, La Russa was taken into custody. In the affidavit, the peace officer described him as "argumentative."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30288007/chicago-white-sox-manager-tony-la-russa-charged-dui-stemming-february-arrest-court-docs-show

So yeah, there's a decent chance there's video of LaRussa being a jerk to a Phoenix cop.

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know why a free agent would consider playing for this mess, unless they have no other comparable options. Don’t forget Portillos mentioned the hire would kill our chances with FA.

Money is always the great equalizer and Jerry better be willing to spend to overcome this mess.  Unfortunately knowing our luck, we’ll trade any young talent not yet part of the core to fill holes cause Jerry is a cheap fuck and we’ll end up greatly shortening our window.

23 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Ozzie Guillen or Sandy Alomar, Jr as manager and Justin Jirschele as bench coach sounds really good right about now.

Alcoholism is a tough illness to battle but the White Sox had to get in front of this. Now they just look so White Sox.

If alcoholism is the problem, then why is Ozzie an option?

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...and f*ck Stone, too.  It’s absolutely laughable to see him pompously attempt to claim some sort of moral high ground here.  Go argue with a 12-year-old on Twitter you thin-skinned front office shill.

I've said it before, Stone getting on Twitter has made me look so much respect for him. Just call the game, Steve. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm officially making the transition to being a Cubs fan. This is ridiculous and fucking embarrassing. I'd rather root for a team with a little self respect and decency. I encourage others to join me.

Reinsdorf may be an overly loyal asshole, but the Ricketts are racist piece's of shit. I'll stick with Jerry. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm officially making the transition to being a Cubs fan. This is ridiculous and fucking embarrassing. I'd rather root for a team with a little self respect and decency. I encourage others to join me.

Just move to Nashville, it’s much better than becoming a Cubs fan

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Danny Dravot said:

My previous joke aside...is this really that bad?

Sure, they should have done some due diligence and not hired a guy with these sorts of very recent legal (and moral) troubles, but canceling season tickets and players not showing up for ST? Is that a thing? Really?

The problem is Jerry knew and simply didn’t care, but when you’re undermining your own GM and making him look like a total asshole after winning Executive of the Year I guess that should be expected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Reinsdorf may be an overly loyal asshole, but the Ricketts are racist piece's of shit. I'll stick with Jerry. 

And LaRussa was at Glenn Beck's anti-Obama rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial on the 47th anniversary of Dr. King's I Have a Dream speech.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Well, the Ricketts are trash for a whole multitude of other reasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This crosses the line. Rooting for the Ricketts is easier than rooting for TLR and the Sox now, easily.

@Balta1701 you better join me as well given how critical you have been. I totally agree with your takes here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

If I were to guess the organization will fire him within 24 hours or this will be hanging over his head too much that he will have people telling him to resign. I’m thinking the latter but we’ll see. Nightengale’s article is concerning. 

If this ends up with La Russa leaving, it’s because Tony decided it wasn’t worth the headache.  Jerry is not firing his best bud when he already knew about this.

• Like 1