2020/2021 NCAA Basketball Thread

16 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Oregon is good.  I hope Iowa has a run in them.  

That TN comeback was amazing... not feeling it yet.  Need a flurry of threes or Oregon starters to get in foul trouble.  Looks like Weiskamp tweaked an ankle. 

And it's pretty much over. 

Can't defend the three point line.   They need Nunge and one more wing defender to match a team with this much athleticism. 

Too bad DJ Carton wanted no part of fighting coaches' son for playing time.

Bohannon going from highs of two years ago to disappearing act and flagrant foul out of frustration. 

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This defensive effort by Iowa is pathetic. Oregon is dunking on them every other possession. It’s like they’re being taught the anti-Moser style of defense. Yeesh

Agreed.  Embarrassing from everyone but Garza. The foundation of every great team is defense... except those really amazing UNLV teams, and they had Stacey Augmon and Greg Anthony. 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This defensive effort by Iowa is pathetic. Oregon is dunking on them every other possession. It’s like they’re being taught the anti-Moser style of defense. Yeesh

I have seen Creighton Dana Altman teams do that when a team gets lazy on them. 

15 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That was a butt whooping.  Iowa's inability to play defense was always a weakness - but Oregon just crushed them (they played real well) and Iowa just didn't have enough players not named Garza make plays offensively.  

Kudos to Oregon - they crushed Iowa.  Ruined what was a really damn entertaining first half (all but the final 1:30 of the 1st half).  Than Oregon came out and made sure to crush any hopes with a strong start to the 2nd half.  

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What did the Big Ten do to earn all those very high preseason rankings? Are you watching the games this tournament? This isn’t some fluky/random thing. Big Ten teams are getting rolled defensively. PAC-12 has done nothing but impress, especially offensively. Why was their conference’s highest seed a #5? There’s no logical explanation for that.

It's the player quality, 4-5 star recruits for the big schools is the reason they get ranked high from the start. 

4 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's the player quality, 4-5 star recruits for the big schools is the reason they get ranked high from the start. 

But the Pac-12 and other conferences in basketball and football (always) seemingly have the better athletes.  UCLA and USC historically recruit well, Washington until recently, Arizona and Hurley's ASU, etc.  Colorado now.

Iowa certainly didn't have any highly ranked players, other than Garza and Weiskamp.  They did have a number of experienced veterans.  Let's not forget MSU was a Top 5 team at the beginning of the year based on the fact they're always highly regarded like Duke, KU, UNC or Kentucky coming out of the gate every year.

Michigan wasn't expected to be the Top 5 team they were for most of the season in the first 4-6 weeks until they went on that extended run.

Illinois was pretty high, hit a skid and then dominated the last half of the B10 season.

Ohio State also went through a streaky season, but flashed a dominant stretch.   This was also the weakest WI team in recent history.

Finally, it took weeks and weeks and weeks for Purdue to finally sneak into the Top 25 near the end of the year.

Edited by caulfield12

Kansas getting their hats handed to them.

Not one of the better Self teams.

Could see this one coming a mile away.

PAC 12 advances Oregon, UCLA, USC and Oregon State.  Colorado the only casualty.

USC/Oregon should be an interesting rematch.   One of those two will give Gonzaga their first real test of the season, assuming Gonzaga can knock off Creighton quite easily unless the Blue Jays go insane from the outside and Gonzaga has an off shooting night.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2021/03/23/march-madness-sweet-16-pac-12-ncaa-tournament

The lordly Big Ten, universally considered the premier conference in the country, advanced exactly one of its nine teams, in what has to be the most embarrassing performance by a league in NCAA history.

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Illinois AD writing a letter, about how they should be in Sweet 16 since they beat Michigan?

Illinois believed their own hype too soon. That photo shoot, mimicking the 05 team was stupid.

Yea this post was typical from a Michigan fan.

4 hours ago, bigruss said:

Yea this post was typical from a Michigan fan.

Did you see the racist message Kofi got from an Illini fan? Typical Illinois fan, right?

The Illini fan meltdown has been even bigger than I imagined. 

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Did you see the racist message Kofi got from an Illini fan? Typical Illinois fan, right?

The Illini fan meltdown has been even bigger than I imagined. 

Whoever sent that to Kofi is a punk and I hope karma gets them.

But, that's just a distraction from your insufferableness.  You didn't reply to a fan here with that post, you started this shit, again, because you wanted to.  

20 minutes ago, bigruss said:

Whoever sent that to Kofi is a punk and I hope karma gets them.

But, that's just a distraction from your insufferableness.  You didn't reply to a fan here with that post, you started this shit, again, because you wanted to.  

Again? When have I ever started shit before on here?

I never even @ you. The was 100% trolling. I admit it. Illini fans I know deserve it. They kicked Michigan’s ass, and I took it like a man from people.

Clearly the Crying Illini can’t do the same.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Again? When have I ever started shit before on here?

I never even @ you. The was 100% trolling. I admit it. Illini fans I know deserve it. They kicked Michigan’s ass, and I took it like a man from people.

Clearly the Crying Illini can’t do the same.

You came in here talking shit/trolling like every other Michigan fan I've seen the last few months, that was my initial reply.  The amount of trash talk from Michigan fans has been ridiculous, I'm sure there have been plenty on the Illinois side as well but my point was it was a Michigan fan again starting this crap.  Instead of enjoying your win you have to call out Illini fans, and when you get called a troll you just say Illini fans are crying, lol ok.